Listening to tonight (Part 1)

Some snips from tonight’s playlist
Funky Groovy Friday :notes:

Roon → Xspdif2 → Holo Spring 3 KTE → Violectric V281 → Fostex TH900mk2 pearl white

2 Likes

My brother gave this to me in the early 90s. It’s a menu from the Rathskeller (a German pub in Orange County, CA), signed by Allan Holdsworth and Paul Gilbert as well as some guitar picks from Steve Morse and Joe Satriani.

4 Likes

That’s worth hanging on to . Good score.
A lot of people don’t know who those musicians are.

1 Like
4 Likes

A little of The Time’s Jungle love for Friday night funk night.

1 Like

Once I listened to Morris Day and The Time ,
I couldn’t head out without " The Bird"

Goodnight all…:+1:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Spotify > smsl sanskrit 10th mk2 > yamaha a-s501 > Bowers & Wilkins 685 s2 + 10" klipsch sub

3 Likes

Spotify > smsl sanskrit 10th mk2 > yamaha a-s501 > Bowers & Wilkins 685 s2 + 10" klipsch sub

3 Likes

These guys don’t get enough cred

5 Likes

Welcome to Sunday morning. Got this one on right now.

First exposure to this band. Likin it so far

3 Likes

I was listening to Billie Eilish last night!

But before we get to that, I just wanted to tell a little anecdote that I thought was kinda fun. So a couple years ago, one of my girlfriends and I went on vacation together to Ireland (we’re originally from California). While we were in Dublin, the crosswalks made this sound that sounded like music to me, so I recorded the crosswalk and put it back-to-back with Hydrogen by M.O.O.N. to try and explain what I was hearing:

Then this week, I watched an interview with Finneas O’Connell, who produces Billie Eilish’s music and who is also a California native, and he talked about traveling abroad and recording the sound of a crosswalk because it sounded like music:

…I don’t know, it’s hard to explain, but it’s kinda weird and cool that the producer of the Grammy award winning song of the year and I coincidentally had this kind of same lived experience.

Anyway, I’m supposed to link a song, so here’s a cool Billie Eilish track I’ve been listening to, Bury a Friend:

MacBook Pro → Exogal Comet Plus → Quicksilver (Tungsram tubes) → ZMF Eikon (Marblewood, Auteur pads)

3 Likes

3 Likes

24/44.1 FLAC → Audirvana → Singxer SU-2 → Berkeley Alpha S2 → Violectric HPA-V281 → HiFiMan HE1000v2

2 Likes

roon → Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE → Violectric HPA V281 → Fostex TH909

3 Likes

Pretty Boy by The Neighourhood on Tidal…

2 Likes

This song is like dunking your head in a vat of acid and drugs Inside a lucid dream.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Spotify > Lenovo yoga slim 7 > koss ksc75 with beadband and yaxi pad mod

2 Likes

4 Likes