Listening to tonight (Part 1)

Grace Jones - so often overlooked for her music/vocal talents. I have Island Life but on mp3 from back in the day when I ripped it. CD is long gone… and I’ve not replaced it ever, which I should…

1 Like

Just bought a new album tonight. I have lots of Miles Davis and really love a lot of it. But some (a large minority) I find either a little too self indulgent or just flat out boring.

However, there was a new live album released in June: Merci Miles! Live at Vienne. It is a kickin’ live concert and was put on just before he died. He still had it goin’ on!

It was a celebration of France making Miles a Knight of The Legion of Honour.

3 Likes

Going emo tonight.

Marantz TT-15S1 > NAD C316BEE V2 > Monitor Audio RS6

1 Like

My HE-X4’s came in today. Listening to my favorite album of all time!

Foobar 24/96 - Element 2 - HE-X4

5 Likes

roon tag’d this as ‘New Age’ ummm maybe, I would tag it as ‘Progressive’

2 Likes

Jordi Savall - invocation a la nuit

2 Likes

Yeah Intervals are a cool band , there’s a lot of cool new progressive music like this.
I consider it modern prog. , but it has bits of metal, prog, djent, jazz and all kinds of different influences.

I’m listening to this interesting jazz duo CD.
Piano and computer combination.
Bugge Wesseltoft is cool. I’ve got a fair bit of his music. Henrik Schwarz’s computer synth addition is an interesting combination. Imho.

1 Like

This reminds me of a foreign film soundtrack.

1 Like

I’m in a piano mood tonight.
Mammal Hands .

1 Like

6 Likes
1 Like
7 Likes

JNOG>Loki>Asgard 3>Elegia

1 Like

Prog Archives would agree with you:

I tag everything Progressive in Roon with the classification on Prog Archives. Everything else is tagged according to AllMusic.

1 Like

I’m a sucker for female voices and a good skill show. Damn.
If someone has sugestions of music like this, please don’t hold it :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

612P8YBYBTL

A nice album to enjoy a late summer night and a drink.

2 Likes

The only Grace Jones I have is on vinyl when it first came out. She’s a stunning human specimen with an interesting vocal range.

1 Like

If you’re into hyper beautiful, melodic EDM, you’ll absolutely melt away from this one. It’s like a fantastic fairytale for your eardrums.

1 Like
1 Like