Listening to tonight (Part 1)

I’ve been collecting all of Mark Lettieri’s CD’s and those of most of the other Snarky Puppy group members that have gone solo. They’re all extremely talented musicians with very bright futures. :+1:

1 Like

Listening to some Charles Mingus tonight…

2 Likes

Nils Petter Molvaer: Track: The Kit:
Album: Switch.

1 Like

Nice!
I’ve been going through the suggestions you put in your other reply. Some of them I have to go to Amazon to get because Qobuz (the service I use with roon) doesn’t have them, or like only EPs or singles. I am dig’n the ones I haven’t checked out before. The Intervals Bad Habits track reminded me of Sum 41 and tracks off the Does this look Infected album so I had to dig that up… But back on coarse.

I digress, some really good suggestions - thanks!

Yes, again! LOL!

I’m actually having a lot of fun with this little battle of the head amps and headphones I got going on! :grinning: I’m back on the TA-20/Sundara for tonight. Such a different experience from the SP200/Phoenix combo. I’m diggin’ being able to just put one down and pick up the other whenever I want. With the speaker set that’s 3 unique sound signatures available. Big fun!

5 Likes

Woah, this I can get down with! Check out anything from Future Disco, it’s in the same vein as this. Technically a label but they feature some great artists put together some killer mixes.

2 Likes

Well that was a funky ride!

1 Like

Just going through the thread and checking out what people have posted the last few days

Spotify > Galaxy S8 > Q5s > T60rp (ZMF suede pads)

Edit: no bass boost needed on the Q5 with these new ZMF pads. 80-90% of the time I keep that switched on with other headphones. Sorry for blowing up the thread, but I had a really good time tonight browsing. Yall have some great taste in music!

2 Likes

My pleasure. Likewise, I appreciate the suggestions you’ve posted.
I listen to all the (new to me) tracks and links to artists that you and others post here. That’s actually why I joined here. I love finding out about great music from others as well as giving back, as it were, by posting my collection and likes. I have Amazon Music HD but rarely use it as I still prefer buying CD’s and vinyl physical media. I normally use YouTube as my initial search engine but it seems they are slowly moving a fair bit of content over to their pay as you go side of things.

2 Likes

This one F’s start to finish, nice drop! He is playing in September at Cervantes Denver (one of my old stomping ground venues in the sketchy part of town :grinning:) and up here at Nectar Lounge Seattle in October.

1 Like

Andy Summers from the Police.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Gonna check them out for sure, thanks a lot for the rec!

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

This may be my favorite Pumpkins song…

4 Likes

You were saying some of the artists are hard to find on Quobus and other streaming sites and I think it may be because more and more of these young artists are going through Bandcamp as well as many that are producing their own albums without big record label involvement. I believe bandcamp has a listening channel, I used to go there but forgot my password, LoL.
The Mark Lettieri CD’s and vinyl are distributed through him directly and also Amazon much like Snarky Puppy. I just received the digital download portion of the new Jack Gardiner /Owane collaboration album : Shredemption, and will receive the physical CD copy in September directly from Jack Gardiner’s website.
These artists are leaving out the middle man which hopefully puts more money in their pockets.
I guess some bands are missing Quobus as a streaming destination.
Amazon Music HD is all I need now. I had Tidal which has a good catalog and I own a couple of MQA capable dacs but that overpriced, MQA prioritized streaming service is total BS, imho.
Sorry for the novel…:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Amazon HD → Sagra → LAu → Diana Phi

4 Likes

The good ol’ STS9 days, before Murph left the band. Seeing these guys at Red Rocks my freshman year at college is what turned my onto more electronic music