Listening to tonight (Part 1)

I’ve been buying all of their CD’s since the guys from Snarky Puppy first formed this quirky band. Some people don’t like them much but I find them fun and appealing.

Thanks that is one of my favorite SoaD songs, Aerials also ranking quite highly. Here is a great cover of Chop Suey… just not quite the same

2 Likes

Feelin Joyner and Logic this morning.

Amazon HD>Douk U2 Pro>I²S>Gustard X16>Burson Soloist 3x>HE6se V2

1 Like

4 Likes
1 Like

Jnog > BasX A-100 > Klipsch R41M

1 Like

Amazon HD → Spring3 KTE → HPA V550 - HE1000 V2

2 Likes

Working a labor job on labor day and this song comes on. Fitting. At least im making really good money lol.

Phone>shitty bluetooth speaker

HE1000 V2 :headphones:

2 Likes

Cassette > Pioneer CT-W600R > Yamaha R-S202BL > Klipsch R-620F

1 Like

Arkhe : Italian Prog metal : Full Album

i sent the song i listened to earlier to my buddy and he said he only heard 2 woos and i got 6 distinct woos in the echos when logic steps in at @~2:06 on the amazon hd version of isis by joyner

he tells me there isn’t that much of a difference but it’s not small lol. i plugged my pc38x into my pc directly and got the same thing. wow i forget how far quality can be pushed sometimes. he’s starting to see the light. he even said it sounded like that woo and the ones later sounded like they were recorded in different studios.

German Stoner Kraut Psych gods Colour Haze…

1 Like

2 Likes

3 Likes

You been making me work for it lately. The price I pay for not owning a lot of my own copies and relying on digital DLs and streaming. I could not find this album on Qobuz, Amazon HD or Spotify so I had to listen to a U Tube remaster…

I’m currently listening to their first album via qobuz/roon and diggin it.
Not sure how I missed these guys, I guess cuz I was still in jr high, just breaking out of my disco phase hooked on foreigner aerosmith styx and zepplin - anyway really cool. I think I hear Wetton’s influence the most in the tracks. Maybe it’s the melodies, but I had to look up the members because I swore it was old Asia at first, or Kansas lol

1 Like

I would consider the first U.K. album essential for any prog collection. John Wetton, Bill Bruford and Allan Holdsworth during the 70s? That’s hard to beat. I would place it just a notch below Bruford’s One of a Kind which also features Holdsworth.

Terry Bozzio does a fine job on percussion in Bruford’s absence on Danger Money and Eddie Jobson really steps up the keyboard wizardry to fill in for the gap left by Holdsworth but that’s just a gap no man can fill. You astutely picked up the early Asia vibe and you can definitely hear the transition taking place in these two albums.

2 Likes

foobar2000 > bifrost 2 > sw51+ (hiZ) > zmf auteur

4 Likes

Shanling M3X + foobar2000 + Ikko OH10

4 Likes