Listening to tonight (Part 1)

2 Likes

Heck ya! Just listened to that yesterday and I have on now “In Absentia”

Diana V2

3 Likes

1 Like

You guys ever catch a guy named Rick Beato on Youtube? Kind of interesting. As someone who only had a brief interlude with playing music I appreciate the technical aspects of what he does. He does these “What Makes This Song Great?” pieces that are very interesting to me. The one he does on “Bohemian Rhapsody” is pretty epic.

3 Likes

That was great. It’s funny, my first thought when this started was “wow, lovely dress” but after a few seconds you get caught up in the performance. I think she pretty much nailed that. Thanks for sharing! :ok_hand:

Yeah, I’ve been subscribed to his channel since it started. Excellent YouTube channel.

2 Likes

Nils Petter Molvaer.

Cruising my CDs tonight I happened across this. Been ages since I played this. Girl can rock!

Fubar > Douk Audio U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > XDuoo TA-20 > Sivga Phoenix

2 Likes

Bill Laurance: Album: Aftersun
A few tracks from a great album, imho.

1 Like

Holy Shite that is good. I like “The Pines” in particular.

1 Like

@Raptor168
I posted a couple of tracks here a while back from
Bill Laurance: Live At Union Chapel
This is a great live concert. I have it on both LP vinyl and CD .

1 Like

Rick Beato is great. I love how he gets hold of master tapes so he can isolate tracks and show how songs are constructed.

You might also like Doug Helvering. His “Daily Doug” series (Classical Composer Reacts to…) is really enjoyable. It’s less about the mixing and more focused on composition, chord progressions, etc.

2 Likes

KTE Spring 3 → V550 → Diana V2

3 Likes

Amazon HD>Douk U2 Pro>I²S>Gustard X16>Burson Soloist 3x(now super charged)>HE6se V2

4 Likes

Noice. I shall give it a spin…

I like Cake! They are a fun band to see live. Caught them in the City years ago, got to meat them after the show. Very cool people, they were. An excellent evening it was.

1 Like

I saw Pepper the first time in 2007 at the shittiest night club in Denver called Rock Island. The ceiling couldn’t have been more than 12 ft high, but damn it was a really fun show! Also our son loves Caspar Babypants, aka Chris Ballew singer from Presidents of the Unites States of America.

2 Likes

yeah pepper did some epic shows at cracker jack box venues back in the day. i love that type of concert.

1 Like