Listening to tonight (Part 1)

Homegrown goodness…

2 Likes

Man, how I’ve always loved good Piano, Bass & Drums…
Sometimes I can’t decide if I like that combo more than Piano, Sax & Drums or Piano ,Trumpet & Drums.
I guess that’s what makes high quality Jazz trio music so much fun… Different flavors.

4 Likes

And a good evening to one and all. Warming up with some reference tracks as I break in these new HD660seseses!

These phones are very technical in nature and allow you to detect even the finest details. Not a bass head’s choice, but there is enough bass there for sure. And it’s a nice, tight, quick bass. Dead on balls accurate throughout the frequency range, in fact. I wasn’t sure I was going to enjoy this characteristic, but so far I am, very much. Into the night we go…

AMUHD > Douk Audio U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost > Singxer SA-1 > Sennheiser HD 660 S

4 Likes

Putting the new Senn’s to the test.

This sound track is really good. There is some excellent work done here. The 660’s continue to impress…

AMUHD > Douk Audio U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost > Singxer SA-1 > Sennheiser HD 660 S

2 Likes

Such an awesome soundtrack

1 Like

Sound stage, imaging, speed and punch = :+1:

3 Likes

IMO, a great cover / performance worth sharing

3 Likes

1 Like

Listening to Porcupine Tree on shuffle on Spotify, and it’s throwing a lot of the alternative remixes at me. And I’m loving them. So psyched to hear about them getting back together and looking forward to the new album.

2 Likes

Yeah, very well done she has a great voice and she’s very attractive . The orginal had a little more “air” and what seemed like breathy echo on Sade’s vocals.
It’s nice to hear the backing musicians playing so well.
I particularly like the Flugelhorn @ 3:32, nice touch…

1 Like
2 Likes

O heck Yeah

1 Like

A weird find I’m am enjoying. Gogo Penguin with a lot more Anime influence.

2 Likes

The Bad Plus Joshua Redman:
Track: As This Moment Slips Away

2 Likes

Billy Cobham: Album : Crosswinds:
Track: Crosswinds

Billy Cobham: Album: A Funky Thide Of Sings
Track: A Funky Thide Of Sings

3 Likes

Okay you guys - @DagoRed & @Dobbs - ease up with the killer tracks. I’m already going to be up till super late running these down outside of you tube.

When my wife starts texting me from upstairs asking why I’m not in bed I’m going to have blame it on you both, lol

Which will probably lead to other questions needing explanation…

4 Likes

Ok Delta, Here’s a chill vibe from Bohren & The Club Of Gore: Track: Destroying Angels… It’ll get you all relaxed and ready for bed with the wifey…

3 Likes

Joshua Redman: Album: Elastic
Track: Still Pushin That Rock.

1 Like

Last one for tonight
GoGo Penguin again : Album : GoGo Penguin
Track: Kora.

2 Likes

I’m out too, leaving it with this one from the Brecker Brothers & The Brecker Brothers Band -
Keep it Steady (Brecker Bump) on Back to Back

2 Likes