Listening to tonight (Part 2)

Just discovered this amazing jazz performer today. Love it!

3 Likes

Excellent choice. I listened to this not long ago. :+1:t2: Still blown away by how young she was there.

1 Like

Itā€™s a rainy day, which will make things more interesting for the Playoff game being played here later. In the meantime, I am enjoying a nice AMHD playlist. Well done on their part, I think. It certainly fits the vibe of the day. Extremely enjoyable on the speakers. :notes: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Phone ā†’ xDuoo Link2Bal Max ā†’ MiM Original Dark Magician

Heavenly.

RoonShareImage-638413642519260659

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-638413674488328305

1 Like

Not tonight but I started off the day with an album I bought last night, that i didnā€™t even know existed:

Some very common songs, but several I had never heard before. I just cherry picked his solo albums previously. A little Canadian content. :grin:

3 Likes

Second night with the pula pa02. Going to try for these 2 this eveningā€¦zonked out early last nightšŸ˜“

Such Great Heights (Performed By Iron And Wine)

1 Like

1 Like

RoonShareImage-638414188124422544

@SandboxGeneral Boy, youā€™ve been hitting it hard lately. Giving me some
new ideas, thanks. How are you finding these new releases? Does Roon
suggest them?
I just have AMHD.

1 Like

Thanks.

Iā€™ve been finding these in a combination of a few things. The first is the Roon Labs Community forum. I joined over there and itā€™s far more active than here. Lotā€™s of great people and lotā€™s of great music recommendations. Secondly, the roon software starts making recommendations as well. Itā€™s not always the best or highly accurate, but itā€™s something. The third thing is Stereophile magazine. There are a couple of sections about music recommendations and I try them out too.

On the Roon Labs Community forum there is a thread for classical, and its one you might feel right at home in. Plenty of conversation and discussion of the genre there.

1 Like

Thanks, interesting. Does one have to be a Roon subscriber to access that
forum? I really miss Primephonic, whose staff put together some great playlists
and new releases info.
I have a composer friend (former student) who is an Apple/Mac user and is
not very impressed with Appleā€™s classical version, which was supposed to be
like the PP they bought out.

1 Like

No, you donā€™t have to have roon software to be on the forum. But if you do, it can use the same login credentials. The forum software is the same as here on hifiguides.

Regarding ā€œhitting hard lately,ā€ that is also due to a decision I made. Iā€™m not really into New Yearā€™s resolutions, but I did commit myself to increasing my music listening and decreasing my TV watching this year.

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-638414257864065437

New album released the other day. Just getting to listen to it now.

So TWO good resolutionsā€¦erā€¦decisions! :wink:
Thanks for the info. Enjoy the music!!

1 Like

RoonShareImage-638414282651576668