Listening to tonight (Part 2)

NIN | Pretty Hate Machine

2 Likes

Bludee 'ell @Ohmboy , you’ve set me off down the lane as well, look what you’ve started!

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-638430590472769123

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

You have been on a real tear, Sir. Respect.

2 Likes

Friday Night at last! Gonna start the evening with one I haven’t heard in a while. Let the games begin…

4 Likes

Inspired by @EvilGnome6 and his incredible posts in his Progressive Rock Pics thread, I am spinning some prog. I think it’s gonna be a good night.

3 Likes

It’s been a good session tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed this one from Rob Luft entitled “Dahab Days”

And I’m finishing with a unique find. Really interesting!

The recording is kinda strange, though. It sounds really good, but for whatever reason the level is such that you have to get deeper into the gain of the amplifier. Even on the Liquid Platinum, which was interesting because I have not had to turn it up this high before. Ever. I saw a side of that amp I hadn’t before. Very cool.

2 Likes

Still one of the true masters of trance to this day… :notes:

Tropical Bleyage | Bleyology [Astral Projection Remix]

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve committed to listening to more music and watching less TV. Plus subscribing to roon has helped me find more stuff to explore. Roon also simplified my listening experience throughout the house.

1 Like

1 Like

Had the 600ohm DT880 on last night. Have the HD599SE on this morning. Using the Singxer SA1. Watching The Expanse on Amazon Prime. T Moble 5G wifi to the Vizio TV. Optical out into Topping E50. RCA to Singxer. On the 600ohm 880s, high gain, volume maximum, E50 at 0db. Sounded beautiful. On the 64ohm(?) 599s, high gain, volume maximum, E50 at -24db. Sounds beautiful. I must say I think modern scifi movies & tv shows like the expanse have excellent sound quality to put a good test on headphones.

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-638431599989657861

The expanse was a great show…couldn’t get any one to stick with it in this fast paced streaming world. Music and general sound design was solid. There was passion behind this project. Just wanted to take up a few kb’s to simply +1 the post. The Expanse, best of playlist

2 Likes

Deutsche Grammophon - DG - YouTube

Happy birthday, Yuja!
PS The album’s good!!

1 Like

Shifting gears, here is one of those random finds that surprises you. It’s Fall Of The Watcher and “Returned To The Earth”.

2 Likes

Big reach across the evolution of a musical culture…
Bikes and Jamaican Soundsystem?..I knew we’d be friends.

Arguably the UK’s first Grime banger. Belongs to history.

1 Like

Peter Tosh: The Gold Collection

2 Likes