Listening to tonight (Part 2)

1 Like

I just saw/heard her tonight at my local favorite club. Backed by a superb
jazz trio. Consummate professionalism mixed with a genuine joy of life!
Wonderful!!
This is from her new album.
PS ck youtube for a tour of the house she designed and had built in Costa Rica!

edit…just wanted to add that there is great playfulness to her music and her
scat singing is amazing!

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-638464273476324074

2 Likes

With Neil Young finaly back on spotify, i thought this was an appropriate song (at least the title) to start of a little Neil Young session…

Spotify > smsl sanskrit 10th mk2 > old Pioner surround receiver > Klipsch RB-81 ii + klipsch 10" sub

1 Like
1 Like
5 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Zappa in New York

4 Likes

Takes me back… :notes:

5 Likes

Happy Friday, all. Starting off the evening with something very powerful from Neal Morse. Just wow.

To quote Prog Nick from progreport.com:

“This album is very theatrical and dramatic, and in some places certainly bombastic, but in just the right measures to ensure that it never becomes cheesy. That is not an easy feat to achieve when there are full choirs, orchestras, a cast of dozens, an almost operatic approach and a Biblical story line that some would opine belongs more in an ecclesiastical setting than in contemporary music. But Morse’s faith and belief in the relevance of the story to today’s society shine through at all times and the result is a faithful dedication to the tale that is imbued by him with a modern musical flavor. The music is, for the most part, quite extraordinary, and in my opinion harkens back in many places to Morse’s earlier Spock’s Beard days. It certainly is Progressive Rock in the vein of what Morse has produced consistently since the 1990’s. This is so not only in respect of the songwriting, but also in respect of the performances and production.”

4 Likes

I have fallen in love with this band steadily over the last year. Rocking out to this performance tonight with the Crimsons. Next level…

6 Likes

The show goes on. Spinning up another good one. This is Steven Wilson and “To The Bone”.

Surprisingly, I’m still on the TA-20. It’s been fun listening to this amp again. That said, I think I’ll switch back over to the Liquid Platinum tomorrow. The HEK likes the LP just a tad more.

4 Likes

RIP Maxi Jazz 1957-2022

4 Likes

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-638468114529192100

5 Likes

1 Like