Looking for a Bassier/Warmer Olina SE?

Hey I own a HD58x similar to your HD 6XX and am looking about getting the Olina SE as my first IEM, Im not a bass head but i’m afraid it’ll lack some for my genre, I listen to Alternative Metal, HipHop and Rock mostly, overall more male vocals too, should I look for something else around 80-120$ ?

Fiio JD7 is what I’d go for if you’re worried about Olina’s bass

3 Likes

I think you misspelled rosefinch

1 Like

He said not a basshead. I wasn’t trying to murderdeathkill him :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

But it does warm my heart that people are starting to get why I’ve been on Rosefinch for months!

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll check it out !
I only worry about bass because I don’t have anything to compare them to and it’s hard to find reviews based on my music genres but I keep hearing how good and comfy the Olina SE are compared to all other 100$ iems so they’re very tempting… I’m a newbie, I used Equalizer APO on my HD58x to tune them to the Harman profile and I enjoy it if that’s any help.

Definitely try out the JD7, I am thinking of getting them myself (because you can never have too many IEMS :wink: ) thanks to Goober’s recommendations. I would not recommend getting the Olina SE for your music tastes. I listen mostly to Metal, along with Rock and Pop, and bass felt very weak for me with the Olina SE. Drums especially when listening to Metal and Rock don’t have that energy pumping thump that makes those genres so enjoyable. If you’re willing to find it used, I’d also recommend checking out the Penon Vortex. Normally they cost around $200, but if you can find it used in good condition they’d be a steal. Not only are the vocals great, but there is plenty of excellent bass. Sub bass not as much, but still good, and the mid bass is top tier. They give me HD 6XX vibes, which is the best praise I could give. But Goober has said the FiiO JD7 is even better than it, (bold claims my friend lol), and since it sits right in your price range, go for that. One thing I will say though, is no IEM will compare to the comfort and fit of the Penon Vortex. They’re like the smallest IEMs on the market, and make the Olina SE feel like jagged rocks in comparison.

6 Likes

Alright I’ll definitely look at Goober & your recommendations, I do worry a bit about comfort though they look bulky but thanks a lot for the suggestion !

1 Like

The JD7 is super comfortable, I can attest to it. Last time @GooberBM and I met up, I tried them. They’re a fantastic set for the cash.

2 Likes