Looking for a DAC/AMP for Sennheiser HD560S

I can say the Basic’s bass boost is tasteful, just not surprising. Touch more warmth and boom, kinda muddies up bassy headphones but does bring a nice warmth to neutral sets.

Nah. USB-C is just normal USB in a different shape. You’d run two USB-C cables, one to the computer as input and the other to the wall as power and set the switch on the back to not use battery. Xduoo includes USB-C to normal USB adapter for the cable, but for desktop use, gotta include your own USB-C power cord (really, any phone charger would do so long as it ends in USB-C).

Ahh, didn’t realize it had two ports :laughing: Any thoughts on this (https://www.amazon.com/TOPPING-Headphone-Amplifier-XMOS-XU208-Silver/dp/B0788HJ33W/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=topping%2Bnx4%2Bdsd&qid=1613127178&sr=8-2&th=1) over the XDUOO basic or the Zen DAC? as I’m down to more or less the three options

Quite old by this point, meant to be more portable than anything, and at release had questionable reviews concerning the Sabre DAC quality… and why is it that expensive? 0_o

so if you had to choose between the XDUOO basic or the Zen DAC what would you choose?

Are we getting a commission for closing this sale?

1 Like

I chose already. :wink: Basic.

But, I’m more of a special case; gotta move overseas with my gear.

I’d say for the HD560S, get the Zen DAC for synergy. I think you’d be good.

1 Like

I liked them on the BTR5, but I thought they really sang on the Atom. I currently have a Zen DAC, and would definitely recommend that over the k5 pro if you want an all in one solution.

1 Like

Zen DAC imho is way to warm for 560S, if you like truebase and warm sound ok. But for me I Like more Audioquest black with Sennheiser.

Zen DAC is a great amp DAC but I like it more balanced too Sony 1AM2, and from Laptop to my Stereo speakers setup…