Looking for an ENDGAME dac

Is there really such a thing as “end game” DAC?

1 Like

No, it’s chasing something that doesn’t exist lol

This is truely a unicorn kind of hobby :rofl:

Except the unicorn is different for each person lol

2 Likes

@db_Cooper Right. Technology changes too frequently to call a DAC and endgame product. MQA may be the hot ticket today but could get bumped tomorrow by something better.

Actually I backed off of MQA because I found out it’s a lossy format. I don’t understand how a lossy format can give better performance than CD audio quality. also Amazon is now offering high quality audio without mqa. it may not work that well right now but maybe they’ll fix it in the near future.

also recently I got a su-8 DAC and it sounds fantastic next to the 888 Amp. and I got it for a hundred and seventy bucks. I don’t think I’ll need a more expensive DAC anytime soon if ever.

besides, i never liked paying 400$ for a amp. 260$ for a amp and 170$ for a dac sound just right.

2 Likes

the denafrips dacs are all really nice r2r dacs.
just look at their internals, they are certainly endgame dacs, that sound really analoge, at least thats what reviewers say about them.

https://www.denafrips.com/

Yeah, the aries 2 is a pretty good bang for buck r2r, although I wasn’t a huge fan of their higher end lineup

1 Like

Im thinking about getting the aries 2 aswell and maybe even their pre and poweramp.
because they look amazing for the price.

It’s pretty good tbh, and I think I would recommend that in the price range for sure. The airist r2r is also pretty good as well

Denafrips Ares II,
I heard that I performs way about it’s price point.

Yeah, we were just talking about that above, it’s pretty great