Looking for a Audio Technica headphone

The R70X is superb, they need an amplifier but they are a wonderful product. And in today’s market where more headphones are getting very heavy it is nice to be reminded that good quality doesn’t need to mean heavy.

1 Like

I heard these are just like the hd600. and i already got those. but https://www.stanszstore.com/ is selling these right now for 135$ walmart for 150$

At that price snap them up!

If you wanted the Audio Technica house sound the 1000x would be my pick. They are in fact being discontinued I think

There are some great deals on remaining W5000 stock just now. At SRP it was too much IMO but it is another different sound and built to a superb quality standard. At the clearance prices I am quite tempted.

Well, the R70x is basically Audio-Technica looking at the Sennheiser HD600 and saying ‘we can do better’. It has better bass and treble extension than the HD600. Might be up your alley if you like the HD600 but want more of that extension.

Wow these are selling for 740$ right now. same driver as the ATH-ADX5000?

No, it’s an older headphone with a very unique tuning, still worth trying but not really close to the adx5000

idk whats going on with Audio Technica. every time i look at one of their nicer headphones they are sold out. or discontinuing. or marked down considerably. Are they getting out of the audiophile headphone game?

Why make audiophile gear when they can keep shipping out m50x’s :joy:

1 Like

Word. i was looking on Amazon and they got like 6 different varieties of the m50x’s. including blutooth. but everyone seems to hate them. they go for about 150$ why do people hate them so much?

You know the Audio Technica ATH-AD900X are going for about 150$?

I think they are renewing their range, ditching their wing system and becoming more conventional. The new models seem very good, if more conventional.

That is a shame…

On the M50X, I wouldn’t say most hate them. Regardless of Amazon reviewers there is a good reason they have lasted so long and have been an easy default recommendation in their price range. They are a good, solid headphone with pretty balanced and accurate sound for a very reasonable price. If you have a budget and need a good pair of headphones that won’t break the bank you can do an awful lot worse than the M50X.

But for the price you can also do an awful lot better than a m50x

1 Like

Not denying that you can do better for the price, but it’s still true that these remain a solid and reliable, good sounding pair of headphones that won’t break the bank. Given their age it’d be disappointing if they hadn’t been superseded by newer alternatives at their price point but I’m not sure there are that many models I’d really rate that higher near what these go for now.

The Audio Technica ATH-AD900X are going for about 150$. theres the Sennheiser 58x. The 1More triple driver. they all go for 150$ and are probably much better sounding than the m50x. Or am i misunderstanding your comment?

Eh I would say that if they were below or around a $100 but even then I would hesitate to recc them

The One More triple driver is the one I’d go for provided it fits you. That’s a big if as it is one of those headphones that isn’t quite over ear for some people. The ATH AD900X has sweet tuning and the HD58X is a solid buy. However there are good deals on the M50X and it is a rugged, hard wearing design.