Looking for bright/recessed bass headphones

oh no, the plastic part went from 5 cents to 30 cents.

90% of headphones cost is development, driver development, driver themselves, and low demand.

Any source for that?

Look into the Austrian Audio headphones. They are said to be on the bright side of the spectrum.

1 Like

how bright are Tygr 300’s? my understanding is they’re essentially a closed back variant of the DT 880’s with a low impedance.

So I’ll throw in the Ollo’s I have the S4X which is semi open but doesnt leak a lot of sound, they just released their new closed back may be something to look into

seems like they have proprietary connectors or do 3.5mm without the lock feature fit?

now these seem very appealing.

easy and forward design with all metal and wood and they sell all replacement parts.

will add them to my list to try.

How are the pads? And maybe possible to use dekoni on them?

1 Like

Very soft and plush, the whole headphone can be replaced when needed from their website, very comfortable, I’m not sure they have a dekoni replacement

will order them to try

1 Like

@Marzipan Tygr 300r are open back and the driver is supposed to be same as dt990. don’t ask me why these are called open while the DT880 are called semi open eventhough they both have similar, if not the same earcups. i can only tell you brightness compared to dt990 and dt880bse from memory. tygr sounded like dt990 with damped treble, which is what they should be. same driver and additional dampening between ear and driver. they sounded less bright for sure. would probably call them more “fun” v-shaped than warm though.

2 Likes

so they arrived and really outstanding quality in build and sound. Imo they beat the HD600s as neutral sounding headphones.

Only problem I have is the cups are to small for my right ear. The ear pad rests on my ear and applies pressure which gets really uncomfortable after about 30 min.

I ordered brainwavz ear pads. They are a bit bigger which hopefully makes them fit.

2 Likes

I’m so glad you like them, I totally agree about the 600’s which I own as well, especially in the bass. Yes I have the same issue with the small ear cups but I just take a bit to get them fitted, def post your thoughts on the pads you buy.

Sivga 006…you should have money left over to spend on other things too. Meets all your requirements. Look it up and read old reviews.

The man has cans.

I tested the round brainwavzaudio earpads now and they are much better.

I contacted the brainwavzaudio support and we figured out that the round ones come the closest to the stock dimension.

brainwavzaudio round:
Outer Diameter: 100 mm
Inner Hole Diameter: 55 mm
Thickness: 30 mm

ollo stock earpads:
Outer diameter: 90 mm
Inner Hole diameter: 55mm
Thickness: 20mm

They are much thicker and the ring of cushion is also bigger. On the stock pads, it is only about 17mm while on the brainwavz it is 23mm.
The inner diameter is the same on paper but the brainwavz are slightly larger and have much more room to give which makes it easy to comfortably fit my ear inside so that the ear pad is not pressing down on it.
The outer diameter is larger but the ear pads standing a bit over the edge is no problem.
As for sound slightly less bass which I’m happy to trade. But the sound difference was hard to spot, only with one pad on each side I was able to pin down the difference.

As suggested by brainwavz support, just order them through amazon and if you don’t like them you can easily return them.

awesome thank you for the write up, i will definitely try these, and im assuming you got the hybrids?

oh forgot to mention, I got the velour.

but from dimensions, they are the same.

1 Like