Looking for cable recommendations

Well… the Silver Sonic speaker I got are made by DH Labs. https://silversonic.com/products/speaker-cables/t-14/?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI38-E-YiJ5wIVLR6tBh1xCQ6PEAAYASAAEgJttPD_BwE

DH Labs makes more expensive speaker cable and they make a range of interconnect.

Mind you, I don’t know about recommending because it’s not like I did massive comparing… I just went by advice of my then-audio-guru and by reviews. My brother (who as a physicist claims Authority in such matters) gave me endless chit about how lamp cord is as good as anything.

1 Like

Velocity of Propagation: 94%

Well, no. That is it, I am out of here.

3 Likes

That looks pretty nice too, will look into that :+1:

Well see ya, I did give a fair warning lol

1 Like

You know what, I’m going for that purple flare cable because it looks pretty dang sick and I can piss @MazeFrame off at the same time so win win

I do know a few dealers who deal with nordost and I can most likely get a used pair for a good deal

So speaker cables are out of the way. Now for interconnects

2 Likes

The only other experience I had was with Synergistic Research from that one audition I told you about. The company itself does have that “BS” kind of vocabulary that AudioQuest uses too. On the other hand, the shop seems to swear by them and seems to fit the “bang for the buck” for cables. Looks funny to type bang for the buck for the topic of high end cables, lol

1 Like

Yeah lol not really about that, I just want something that I like the look of and preforms well

1 Like

Wait… cables, cars, girls… what are you talking about again?

I mean really at this point it might as well preform well and look good, so then I don’t have to cable manage because I don’t mind if I see the cables lol

1 Like

a fool and his money are soon parted.

I mourn the passing of M0N…

1 Like

That already happened when I first started to enjoy this hobby lol

So pretty ; ;

did you try braiding some coat hangers to handle the higher power throughput?

1 Like

IKR that’s why lol, realistically all of them would preform very well, but really like I need a purple cable in my life

1 Like

spray paint. send me the savings. you’re welcome.

I mean I guess but I don’t think it would look as nice lol

hire an artiste. :wink:

This was the laugh of the month, btw.

2 Likes

I hear Platinum is a new material being used for cables, you should check into it. It does not tarnish as easily as gold, and the electric current has much less oxygen interference compared to copper.

Well…
I personally think speaker cabels are most important…

• Goertz AG-1 are very good, more and better highs.
    Better go MI-2 for floorstand speakers.
  • I own a lot of DIY Oehlbach and Goldkabel cabel with Naim Plugs.
  • For my new Harbeth I bought some Straight Wire Soundstage Bi-Wire to try out.

You should really just get a lot of different types at the used market and try them out. That’s what I did… and my local dealer lets me take a lot home free of charge to try out.

By far my favorite Interconnects are wireworld Luna 8 and above.
I bought some old Audioquest Stuff but they are very bright and I’m still not decided if I like them or not.
Oehlbach BEAT! are a okay budget cabel, but they do nothing special… I use them for unimportant stuff.

Edit: Oh well… I’ve already lost my credibility anyway, we can talk about digital cables now. I know nothing about USB but the wireworld Chroma 8 75Ω sounds better than coax cable from Amazon. Is it probably because of a jitter problem I have? And coax is much better than optical.

1 Like