Mac OS X vs Windows 10

They all Chinese component Scheiss under the hard frame.
There is working hardware and not working.
Other one is just damm expensive hardware but pretty stable but in weird appleish problems your fucked. Good components are stable, component breaks -> replace or if it’s really old get new.

OS is totally different thing that 95% does not even get.
My current win10 has not crashed even once. Hardware has broken yes, change and rock goes on.
Users “break” the OS it with the milj. of app’s they don’t know even how to use so or don’t know what they doing.
In the App department Mac is pretty good since software has been more limited.
Work pretty solid yes but in hardware issues your still fuuucked compared to with Win OS and selected components. IMO

Just for context, I am pc-hardware-enthusiast.
And while Windows is sometimes here or there in performance (WinScheduler falls apart on 32 core CPUs) and stability, there are components that outrank Apple in performance areas they don’t even cater too.
SuperMicro for example builds very high quality servers. MTBF of >1 million hours and such.
EVAG and Galax try to make the best LN2-oc card every generation (Kingpin and HOF cards, if you want to look them up).

If you want rock solid stuff, take a server and put RHEL or OpenSUSE on it.

2 Likes

Server/Enterprise grade stuff properly configured can be much more reliable than an apple machine for sure, and add in the distro for your use case and good stuff :+1:

You pretty much nailed it when you said:

This is an apple and oranges comparison (pun intended). Putting specialized server hardware up against consumer laptops and desktops is a bit silly, IMO. It’s like talking about the reliability and power of a Peterbilt semi engine in a discussion about passenger cars.

1 Like

Then take an off the shelf prebuilt from Dell or HP.
They just work, which is why companies equip their offices with the stuff.

1 Like

except for the fact - DON’T USE LINUX FOR AUDIO, LoL!

2 Likes

this is a truth. I’m in B2B tech sales…so I know all this stuff. in fact, I prefer buying Lenovo Think products now for the simplicity, excellent warranty / support and price.

1 Like

I have spent decades supporting offices full of prebuilt HPs and Dells. They work fairly well but Macs work better. The primary reason companies have equipped their offices with the stuff for decades is not because of their reliability. It was because too many business applications were Windows-only.

With the move to browser based business applications (like Salesforce) and more platform independent development frameworks (like node), people aren’t trapped in the Windows world as much. I see more Macs in offices now than ever before. Users like them better because they work better than the HPs and Dells.