Making the jump to HiFi

Sorry, could you explain how to get to the windows setting to change to 24/96? in the topping USB audio device control panel in the format tab under output theres a drop down with either 2 channels, 32bits or 2 channels, 24bits is that the setting?

Change to the 2 channels 24 bits for now

Press the windows key and search “control panel” and go into it, then in control panel search “sound” and hit enter, then click on the green text that says Sound. Once the panel pops up, find the topping dac and make sure it says default device (if it doesn’t select it and click set default in the lower window), and then right click on it and go to properties, then in properties go to the “Advanced” tab, set the dac to 24 bit 96000 Hz, then hit apply

Make sure that after you do this unplug and replug the dac, and also close and reopen any applications

Changed it to 24/96 and tried to play a song again, it now went up to 96 and then back down to -00.0

I have a laptop I am going to try to see if we can narrow it down to simply a computer problem.

Just wondering, could this problem be due to a bad RCA cable? Im using an old one I found around the house, not the new cable I order (which hasn’t arrived).

Still nothing from the magni 3+ and the headphones? You have the magni 3+ on high gain and also a normal volume on the amp correct? Also make sure the rca cables are plugged into the rca out of the dac, and into the magni rca are plugged into something that says IN?

Did you figure out the issue yet?

So I actually ran out to buy a new RCA cable and that fixed the problem!!! Thank you sooo much for your help I cannot express my gratitude for helping me troubleshoot!!!

Quick question, the DAC still says -00.0 even when audio is playing, thats ok right? Should I switch the settings back from 24/96?

1 Like

Oh that’s good :+1:

So that is normal, it is just saying that it’s full output volume, nothing to worry about. And just keep it at the 24/96 you should be good there

Awesome! Final question I swear lol, is there any way for me to boost the bass a tad? it’s not bad or anything the setup sounds stunning, I think I’m just used to a heavier bass from my Astros compared to the balanced/neutral bass on these lol.

So for now I would suggest using it for a couple of days to let the drivers burn in and also to get used to the sound signature imo, then after that see if you feel the need to adjust the bass (also make sure to set the magni 3+ to high gain)

Very Smart, I will def take you advice and give it over the weekend to get adjusted to the new sound.

Thank you again!

1 Like

Curious on your thoughts :+1:

I absolutely fucking love them. They sound so much better then anything I’ve experienced before. The sound stage is great and I’m finding myself able to pinpoint footsteps/gunshots easier and with more accuracy. Music listening is also a joy the physical headphones are very comfortable. Overall I am extremely pleased with the new set up and love the sound signature.

Maybe in the future, I could look into messing around with the eq but I’m in love at the moment. Thank you again so much for all the help!

2 Likes