Micca RB42 or Jamo S803

The debut reference looks pretty dang nice, I would like to listen to a pair when I get the chance

The UB5 does fine for home theater as long as you don’t crank them and have appropriate crossovers to route your low end to the subs so it doesn’t blow a driver for the ub5

1 Like

I run mine in home theater and some times I do crank the shit out of them. Zero issues yet, granted I’m only giving them 50w per channel.

They have an internal crossover, they’re not gonna try to play down to 10hz. That said I have mine crossed at 50 I think and they work fine.

1 Like

It would also depend on the gain of the amp besides the power output

I went with the Jamo s803 5 speaker setup for $199
And I’m satisfied

I found mine a little bright I actually went in the tone control on treble to -3 do you find them too bright or is it just me what are you powering them with, mine is on an older Sony str dh520 I’m getting a new avr soon as it’s that time but I saw how much zeos raved about them I have the 5.0 ho e theater set up I may be getting separate speakers for 2.0 dedicated listening the clarity and sound stage is great tho and they get loud quickly.

Just a little bright for me it’s like I want to love them but there’s something that has me second guessing them

They are a tad bright. But I enjoy that.
I’m using pioneer vsx-522 k. Have u took a look at the crossover in them.

I’m think of upgrading this

I saw your picture when I was searching for it lol yes I actually search forums before I ask questions crazy I know lol but yeah I like the brightness just on certain media I find it much, the white box is the resistor but I can’t find the value on it I was thinking about bumping it up a bit but I have no clue what I’d pop in there I’m not much for designing crossovers I only diy subwoofers, I think with burn in they will even out I’m also waiting on room treatments putting diffusers on the back wall and got a large black out curtain for the slider. I’m thinking when I upgrade the avr this might change tonality a bit, I’m going to try them out on my old school a/b receiver from the 70s I’m sure they will sound warmer out there these are just my dedicated listeners and my home theater for now what do you have them crossed at for your sub I keep going between 60 and 80 I can’t decide what I like better lol sorry for the rambling a lot is going crazy in my mind

Let me know if you do and with what I want to do the same because the speker it self has cray depth clarity and. Big sound stage and I love it the center image is dead on just if I could tone down the tweeter between 1-3db as from what I seen it’s around a 5/7 on most graphs I’ve seen and in this room prolly 10 hahha