MMA, Boxing and combat sports thread

I feel bad for Aspinall, and B…B…bbaydes won the fight B…bb…but he does not want to give Asp a rematch because of his ranking thats not a Champions mentality and if he ever does which I highly doubt, becomes Champion he gonna hold up the division being all picky and choosy and shit…The only bout I enjoyed watching him in was when he was up against Lewis I really enjoyed that bout…Lewis landed an uppercut that ascended Blaydes soul to the earths Ozone layer and it floated there for quit sometime.

Paddy and Molly are entertaining and I am happy for them that they are happy…what they lack they make up for in their personalities lol

1 Like

FIGHT! :fire: :+1:

1 Like

It was pretty damn good! I enjoyed watching it.

But god damn, Oliveira vs Makhachev… that was something else. I don’t think Islam is as entertaining as Khabib was, but he’s got it. I think that he is going to get rocked eventually. He’s not as dominant as Khabib was. Khabib was a killing machine, the way he dominated the majority of his fights… He was just going forward and eating his opponents. However, these guys’ sepcial ability is wrestling and ground game, and that part is usually not that entertaining. When Khabib was mauling Conor on the ground, that was entertaining, but how often do we see stuff like that?

2 Likes

I don’t know about the Yan v suga fight - I had it 28-27 Yan but it was a competitive fight admittedly. Far closer than I thought it would be - I think Sean has the ability to become champion in that division, but I could never see him going up to 145 and being successful like others have done, like say Conor - which just catapulted him into a stratosphere where he’s basically alone in terms of popularity. I still would of loved to see Khabib go up to 170 - his style would of lended well to the heavier weight class in my option. Just take down and smesh.

2 Likes

For sure… I don’t think Yan capitalised enough on his take downs suga pretty much stood him back up…but yeah a close fight.

1 Like

I can agree with that for sure - Sean really seemed comfortable in the down position, I’m not sure exactly how these judges actually judge takedowns but if someone scores a takedown and doesn’t capitalize on it, it almost feels like a waste of energy to me.

It definitely seemed by the end of the fight that Yan had more damage due to that knee Sean landed. That may have skewed the judges final assessment on the entire fight.

2 Likes

X2 it even negates the take down to me…ground workers work the ground and shut the stand up guys down “Khabib” :+1:

1 Like

Yes - my self personally, I don’t usually enjoy ground techniques unless it’s two high level BJJ guys - however, the way Khabib would slowly, almost methodically get guys against the cage, posture up and rain down hell whilst talking shit will always be entertaining to me. “Let’s talk now BONK let’s talk now” :joy:

1 Like

He devours his enemies. Just watched some highlights of his fight against Conor. Straight goosebumps!

The way each punch is personal, heavy, and with such emotion — SCARY. I don’t see the same in Islam. At times, when Islam gets hit with a punch, his facial expression suggests shock and freight. In my eyes, that’s not dominance.

However, I’ll just shut the hell up, I never stepped a foot into a cage. Never got into a fight. I just watch UFC for entertainment, so I won’t even pretend to know wtf I’m talking about.

1 Like

Yup, I thought Aljamain vs. TJ fight was incredibly boring, never had that thought with Khabib or Makhachev tho. They like do grappling, but it’s so intense that it’s exciting

LOL trust me, man - I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve also never stepped into a cage, nor ever gotten into a serious fist fight. Khabib absolutely conquers his opponents - the way he handled Justin Gaethje I think will always stick with me. It didn’t even seem like a fair fight at times. He was absolutely all over him from the start of the fight - never backing up, always moving forward with such violent intentions … damn I miss Khabib.

1 Like

It’s unfortunate with that happened to TJ but honestly, I can’t stand Aljo or TJ so whatever :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly, he shouldn’t even been in that cage and I heard that he might even have permanent damage to his shoulder. Aljo is cringey and so is Izzy, but Izzy kind of won me over with the Undertaker walkout not gonna lie. I can’t wait for that Pereira fight, Pereira walks around 225 with 12% bodyfat and I honestly think he might have a edge in striking against him. Before his fight against Strickland I kind of binged all his kickboxing fights

2 Likes

Weili :fire:

Boom…

and Weili power…

What a fight, I was at the edge of my seat the entire time

1 Like

Yeah me too crazy fight…I’ve just re-posted the links as they were removed by Youtube :angry:

You can find them on mmashare

1 Like

Another one bites the dust…