MMA, Boxing and combat sports thread

1 Like

6:24 that kick getting around the block is like Matrix bullet-time dodging!

1 Like

Yep that matrix glitch/pause ?mark kick…crazy next level skills :+1:

1 Like

Max :+1:

2 Likes

I have to say Muay Thai is one of our (yep Mrs ohm too) favourite martial arts, that finish :boxing_glove: :sleeping:

2 Likes

Great to see! I followed it closely when Buakaw was active in K1. I remember this classic:

Muay Thai legends Buakaw vs Skarbowsky back then

Current stars Rodtang VS Superlek

What a bout.

1 Like

100% Muay Thai :fire:

1 Like

I’m ashamed to admit I’ve fallen behind on watching boxing after high school, follow Lomachenko every now and then but I haven’t fully gotten back into it

I’m a boxing ZEALOT. Watch a lot of fights. It’s my favorite sport.

I’ve tried to get into MMA and martial arts but can’t. I’m into punching, not kicking or wrestling. And there’s not one MMA fighter who can punch like a skilled, trained boxer. Understandable, since MMA fighters must train for multiple disciplines. Boxers can focus on punching, footwork and defense.

Admire the diverse skills of MMA fighters, but the actual competition bores me.

1 Like

I know of boxing because my first 10 years was in Philippines so you can’t go 5 seconds without hearing about Pacquiao lol

1 Like

@Ohmboy, Glory Light Heavyweight Grand Prix Prelims is live on YT if you’re interested.

1 Like

“The Mexican Monster” and “The Nail” are gonna decide who’s who…

don’t think “Tank” will have to bring his A-game but Martin is a talented fighter :thinking:

1 Like

Benavidez is too big, strong and fast for Gvozdyk. There’s a reason why Canelo ducks Benavidez more than any other fighter.

Tank will win, but Martin will push him more than most think, as you inferred.

1 Like

Agreed…Gvozdyk gave Beterbiev fits in the first few rounds of their clash but Artur was and is just too strong for most…

and David is on another level in terms of power so I presume the same outcome…stoppage late in the fight

Saul does not want to get in the ring with David…but he will if the price is right

how about 200 million Saul…

1 Like

Kickety, kick, kick for the win :+1:

Bisping :uk: :fist_right: x 2 = game over…