Mobileaudiophile.com (MBA) Corner

I have something to say about Stellaris. Or about a $100 weirdnessis.

I am first impressioning it with spring tips and MBA 2022.

First thing I noticed is the inconstinancy in it’s performance. It looks like it’s more planar than Dunu Talos ON mode. Meaning: High in technicalities besides layering. Those clarity…Less * mid bass than others in smooth jazz (and body) but a bass than can give you tactile feedback in dubstep :confused: I can feel the shake of sub and mid basses in my legs!! And it will grow into something more like basshead airy planar I am sure. Results from Feel Good INC supported my claim too with the slight tactile (omg, this a planar iem and what am I hearing? I think I gotta listen some KATO to restore my ear memory :slightly_smiling_face: ) (well, thinking outside the box is the actual cure here because it is acting against usual planar iem rules)

Speaking of air, live records are very pleasant to listen unless the fast roll offed trebles. Electronic trebles are more like a nuisance…This will change with foam tips within it’s OG box.

• My perception shifted to appreciate it’s sound in my 2nd run of Limehouse Blues. It is struggling to play nice acording to smooth jazz standards

MOONDROP Stellaris first impressions are over here. We gotta accept that we are facing with an unordinary iem. Dx300 and foam tips will join in the review.

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors

1 Like

I know it would be so cool to wear Focal Bathys around your neck. But wouldn’t it play MUCH nicer if it had LDAC support? $800 price and aptX adaptive as default Bluetooth codec is admittedly dragging it down…

You will read it’s review soon. Thanks for reading my rant.

#headphones:open-discussion-help-headphones

1 Like

Our team mate Fahri just released his take on planar iem Zeitan Wu. Check it out. Link below.

Just saw your QKZ review.
Thanks for taking the time and a very thorough review :notes: :raised_hands:

1 Like

Let’s say a prayer to the #stillgoodchifi days. Their time was approaching, now the wait is over for Blessing2 and Variations first impresions.

1 Like

Thanks for the appreciation. You help brands develop good iems, have good reviews in the exchange. Simple math.

2 Likes

TRN MT3 is recently reviewed by Chris. I suggest to read the 3 digits worth review for this ultra budget chifi piece :relaxed:

#iems-other #iems-other:in-ear-monitors

1 Like

Thanks to BQEYZ Audio for the honor of being chosen to feature BQEYZ Winter, sub $300 hybrid + bone conduction iem. I guess we will have jolly good time :heart:

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors #iems-other

Focal Bathys has been reviewed in MA. A fine Focal closed back bluetooth headphone for a little pricier tag than what you get.

#headphones #headphones:open-discussion-help-headphones

2 Likes

Introduction of 2 legends and 2 apprentices

Let’s gather for the BIG first impressions of the day.

All are sourced via ibasso dx300 because Zeitan Wu is already 4.4 plugged. And OG cabLe is used. Balanced plugs / cables are reserved for their reviews.

I used Limehouse Blues from the Jazz at the Pawnshop due to it being live and smooth jazz’s earphone performance revealing characteristics.

So here we go:

1. Dunu Kima
    The imaginary sequel to TitanS. Fit is easy like it. It is balanced with very good technicalities for the price.

2. TangZu Audio Zeitan Wu
    Clarity is high, so is the background resolution. But separation (placement) is weirdly wide.

3. Moondrop Blessing2
    A solid open air staging here. Basses are so gentle in smooth jazz.

4. Moondrop Variations
    King of the quatro despite all those years in between. Variations are so natural, playing effortless and without hurry.

Read all here: First Impressions of 2 aged and 2 fresh iems - Mobileaudiophile

1 Like

Tin Hifi t2 DLC is reviewed in MA. Thanks to Tinhifi for the unit.

A fresh advance from the days of t2. But debatable upgrade over t3+. Review link below.

Pros__
Balanced playback
Natural
Cons__
Extensions aren’t great
Layering is having problems

mobileaudiophile.com is chosen to review not yet released iem named Performer 5 from Aful, a company who did R&D for 2+ years, hold 8 patents and confirmed by CAS (Chinese Academy of Science) :heart::heart: #iems-other:in-ear-monitors #iems-other

2 Likes

Truthear x Crinacle Zero is just reviewed in MA with Mahir’s take.

Pros__
Bass quality
Natural

Cons__
Recessed vocals
Foggy timbre unless balanced cabled

Dunu Talos is reviewed in mobileaudiophile.com
Pros

Planar neutral sound is ON mode

Balanced

Flat and neutral

Cons

Genre specific

OFF mode is hard to bear

Playing enthusiastic and hurting hifi in your ears

2 Likes

Thank you for getting this one out there! People are sleeping on the Rosefinch for their big, bass needs

1 Like

Thanks for the appreciation. I thought HFGS iem family should hear it first.

Mobileaudiophile thoughts on three different iems.

A. As of right now, Dunu Kima is a better option than Dunu TitanS. Therefore, the new name does not simply refer to labeling it as PROfessional and adding two or three decibels of sub bass to the tuning of the iem. However, the difference is not day / light. You will read it in its own review.

B. Like Stairway to Heaven and Highway to Hell, Dunu Kima and Moondrop KATO are polar opposites. Kima is quite sensitive to notal changes, and its best asset is its musicality. KATO, the sequel to KXXS, outperforms it in every way. However, its greatest asset is its low end.

C. The Thieaudio Elixir is completely unique. However, the nearest of those is Dunu Kima. Elixir is whispering balance. However, initial impressions from listening with the dx300 indicate that it lacks neutrality. You will read the details in it’s review.
#iems-other:in-ear-monitors #music-talk

2 Likes

LETSHUOER S12 Pro is reviewed in MA with Chris Love’s style. Resolution and speed are its great features but having modular cable system means balanced connection and double fun :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

KZ Edcx is reviewed in MA by Chris’ take. There isn’t a CON if you take its price into account but timbre and not so synthetic treble are its major scores :+1: Or shall I say new gen ultra budget KZ iem here for your eyes.

1 Like

Here is the layout of Sunday and Mondays work. Partially a reminder for myself. And thanks to all participants :blush:

1. Dunu Kima review will be published with observing Leyding and Amber’s effect on its OG sound.
  2. Kinera Urd will be first impressioned.
  3. Leonidas II’s effect on Variations and Urd will be assessed.

Ask me anything related to those and I will answer.

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors #11-category

1 Like