Mojo 2 VS (pick a DAC)

What’s the deal with the supercharger? Any point to get the 5A over 3A? I only see 3A on Amazon, at least.

It’s a nicer power supply, generally better sq from my experience across the board, worthwhile upgrade. In regards to the 5a vs 3a, I’ve only heard the 3a, the 5a was made for some of their newer higher power stuff like the gt or their speaker amps, not sure if there would be extra benefit with going with the higher one or not on the regular 3xp

1 Like

I’d love to see a comparison between the Mojo 2 and other top-tier portables (e.g., iFi DSD Signature, ifi Gryphon)

1 Like

Would be curious of that as well, the gryphon looks interesting, and it would be cool to see how it stacks up to the signature as well. I’d also want to throw in the centrence hifi-m8 v2 which I personally liked over the diablo, that’s a real solid portable as well. Perhaps a woo wa11 would be an interesting comparison too

1 Like

+1. The wait time for Mojo 2 was 2 months so I bought the Gryphon instead. Now curious to try Mojo 2. I had Mojo and compared it with the Signature, liked Signature more.

To me, the Signature sounds better than Gryphon. The grphon can sound too smoothed at times and it’s analogue DSP (xBass, xSpace…) is more subtle. Signature powers something like the Sundara much better than Gryphon and you get better slam with it’s bass boost. SE on Gryphon is “meh” and balanced is noisy, much more portable and stacks nicely compared to the Signature though.

Sorry to hijack this thread but since we are on this topic, I’d like some input. I never paid much attention to my desktop stack, mostly tried some 20+ portable DACs and was planning to get a similar setup as @CT007 for my desktop soon.

I’m currently using the Zen stack with 4.4 interconnect. was planning on replacing Zen CAN with A30 Pro and later replacing Zen DAC with ARES II (liked the R2R sound from RU6).

Currently own the Sundara, Meze 99C, A&K Diana, Kinera Norn… and want to build a solid base (DAC/Amp) before upgrading to Campfire Cascade, Arya or Clear… is A30 Pro a good choice or do I get the Singxer SA-1 for double the cost?

2 Likes

It’s bloody fantastic, in my eyes. TONS of power, tons of flexibility, very affordable, and sounds more clean/accurate, extended in both ends, and just slightly less spacious than G111. But, I don’t have a need for balanced amp inputs/circuits, if that’s what you’re aftre. It does have balanced inputs, but not balanced output circuitry.

2 Likes

Don’t care for Balanced circuitry, A30 Pro it is. Thanks.

1 Like

Unless better idea(s) come around, this will be the incoming hardware for the Mojo 2 review/test:

• Gungnir (ordered)
  • Soloist 3XP (4W SE, 8W bal) + 3A supercharger
  • FH9
  • Edition XS

Currently owned hardware:

• SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK2
  • A30 Pro (6W SE)
  • Timeless, Erupt, AD900X
3 Likes