MQA DAC under 500

It’s pretty sweet imo, I like mine. I haven’t tried the mqa on it but it does sound pretty sweet for the price

1 Like

30$ shipping on it. puts it same price as zen dac. i have been looking at it as well. for a different sound sig in the same price. Plus its a cute little guy.

edit: just checked, shipping went up to 39$ for me. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

edit2: not sure where auris is located, but looks like there are a few venders in the US at least with them in stock for cheaper shipping then through earmen direct.

I picked one up… thanks @KurtBalmain for mentioning this :beers:

2 Likes

i personally think amazon streaming services are sub par. tidal sounds better, mqa or otherwise, to me than amazon. and i have amazon music unlimited. different strokes for different folks. now mqa itself does not seem to make much of a difference in a lot of music. you can “clean” it up and slap an mqa tag on it, but if it isnt actually recorded well, its not going to make much of a difference. and i find it makes the most difference with classical.

edit: also don’t buy into all the hip hop mqa…thats only because jay z owns tidal. boosting bass on synthesized music does not make it master quality :slightly_smiling_face:

The Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt sounds good when playing MQA, but PCM is only so-so.