My bad fell for some clickbait. Chord selling some overpriced unnecessary shit

How is the click baiting going on these days?
ooooh Look! There actually is a product and it actually claims or does something.

Connecting equipment has issues: plugs and sockets can vary in size between different manufacturers; it is not uncommon to find some sockets and plug combinations are tight, whilst others feel loose.

The basis of a good electrical connection is a good mechanical connection: a greater contact area lowers the contact resistance, creating a better connection and allowing more current (signal) to flow. The reason can be easily understood when looking at the illustration below.

Take any connector, no matter how smooth and polished it appears to the eye, at a microscopic level, it is anything but. The upper image shows the points of contact with a loose connection. With these loose contacts, the actual contact area is poor.

The lower illustration shows the increase in contact area when the connection is placed under higher pressure. However, the diagram illustrates that even with the tighter connection, there are still spaces between the two surfaces. These spaces are clearly not forming any part of the connection.

Every one agreeing on the “some company is selling some overpriced unnecessary shit” to audio people and changing everything to 5$ IEM and 10$ headphones and not even needing amps anymore. You hear music so everything above that is unnecessary shit.
Not even talking about 250$ waifu figures that actually do “nothing”. lol

This mornings good moods in text. lol

So you have to solder every connection?
Because then your connection is as good as it gets.

While at it, maybe you should hook your speakers up with solid copper buss bars.

1 Like

If it’s worth doing, it’s worth overdoing. So yes.
Only those truly in HC hifi, rest is shit like it was pointer out…

Toaster oven reflows are a thing for a reason.

1 Like

Thermal shocking BGA’s back into life for very limited time.

Also: Please dont!

1 Like

Worked fine when I was at Bell Labs.

1 Like

We should have an official snake oil thread.

1 Like

What if I told you, electrons in an AC circuit have a delta distance of 0?

2 Likes

They might have not seen T u r b o Sail?

$6500 you bet your ass I can upgrade, NOTICEABLY upgrade my system… and no, I wouldn’t even have to touch my existing power cable.