Need Help Choosing Headset

Siege is mostly close quarters there are hallways though.
I’m not looking specifically for a planar, I just heard really good things about the Orbit’s and was wondering if that’s was a good decision or not.

all the headphones here would be okay for siege however things such as monoliths and dt 990 may have a tad too much bass and need equalized.

It is if you are still looking for a gaming headset for consoles. If on pc you have other options. This is because consoles are very limiting to what you can and cannot use more so than a pc since a motherboard can make use of an onboard audio motherboard that can power even 600 ohm headphones if its beefy enough meanwhile consoles have to make use of 32 ohms or less, unless you have an amp. Orbit is definitely a good choice, its a very solid headset. If you wanted planar slam and speed like I stated previously Monoliths are good for the budget entry level headphone choice. For the Brighter headphone like I stated DT 880 would be fine DT 990 if you think you can handle the treble and want more bass otherwise dt 880 is the better choice due to being more well rounded. If you wanted balanced sound though pick up the HD 598 HD 599 or 58x Jubilees

1 Like

Thanks, again. I currently have an ASUS x570 PRIME-PRO which has “Crystal Sound 3” onboard audio, I can’t find any specs anywhere and have no idea if they can drive the 600ohm’s. I’ve decided on the headphones, DT880 600ohm sound like a perfect pair of headphones for me but I’m left with amp choices, or will my onboard audio do the job?

Hmm, having trouble finding information on that particular audio, It does state it has an amplifier. I do apologize someone else here may be able to elaborate as I am unfamiliar with that board. To elaborate though even if you used onboard it doesn’t sound as good as you will get with an amp/dac.

Keep in mind this is a picky headphone the amps here discussed should power them. Make sure you have return policies. I think they will fit your needs just fine

Edit: what you could do is order the headphone and plug it into your pc see if its loud enough. If not pick up an amp/dac and it will solve the issue. 600 ohms are more high end studio use meanwhile the 250 ohm was more regular consumer despite the 600 ohm sounding better.

1 Like

No need to apologize, you’ve helped me so much! I’ll go to sleep for now and do some more research tomorrow. Thanks!

1 Like

Sounds great, if you have any other questions feel free to chime back in and ask. Whenever you get your setup do drop back in here and let me know your thoughts on it! Glad I could help.