New PC audio setup - looking for recommendations!

Oof, that’s a bit on the high end. I got mine for 350 on a sale, down from 450 locally. Amazon had them for around 350, but then adding import and shipping fees on that makes it jump quite a bit.

Yeah, this is why I got them since I can use them with pretty much anything. They do have some delay over BT though, which doesn’t really make them ideal if you’re using them for something that requires low latency (like gaming). The other reason is that they’re just beautiful and sound great with my music taste.

2 Likes

Someone else more experienced will be able to answer but I am sure there will be difference. I think the silver ones look pretty good after seeing them in person as I too wanted black ones initially but I could not find any.

I am of the mind that I get the best I can afford which is another reason why I got the 600 ohms.

2 Likes

Hmm okay,
I see you have a bigger project and your current budget is not quite enough.
Maybe it would be better to prioritize what is more important for you so that you arrive at the end of your goal.
How you tackle this is up to you :wink:

So you can then also put the money on the side what is still left.

Good speakers cost unfortunately and usually eat up more of the budget than an amplifier.
With headphones you are usually still a bit variable.
Where if you calculate the Asgard 3 or the Lake People G103S with Dac is also just under 500 €.
But at least you would still have a little more leeway in the headphones at the end if the one or the other headphones should not say to you.

Then you would still have something where you have fun and joy.
For this are at the end again flexible enough for the amplifier and speakers. And who knows until then there is something new where your needs satisfied.

Purely from experience, of course, a stereo amplifier whether used or new is better if you want to connect on a turntable.
Because you can be variable and without having to invest again, as an example, you do not like the amplifier or broken, get a new one,
That’s why I have my own system so separated.
I have my Denon Pma 800ne as an example connected to my Dac running through two revised Elac speakers.
And bought a Dac/amp that can drive almost any headphones purely from the power and the Dac is still musical enough for that he can master both without problems.

Here is an example of what comes out in the end with time.
Sure the desk is as always purposeful and will be changed times.
And the Denon Pma 800ne I should have taken in black.

2 Likes

If I had to prioritize my setup, I’d say my PC is way more important as a source than vinyl, and headphones are more important than speakers as outputs. That said, if something like the Sprout 100 gives me the versatility of having everything in one package at a bigger cost, BUT without compromising the sound quality, I’d be willing to stretch my budget to go for it.

1 Like

I have find the sprout in Austria,not wide from greece .
But is not the Sprout 100 is the older one.

https://csmstore.com/de/plattenspieler-zubehor/2078-ps-audio-sprout-verstarker.html

And here the Sprout 100 the new model can be ordered in Austria too for 720€ with shipping cost. 2 week delivery time.
Can be an option for you so you don‘t pay custom fees,because you are in Europe.:grin:
Only myabe taxes there are a cheaper :wink:

One of the Page are only german,grrrr.

1 Like

Personally I feel it’s unnecessary, the looks of the ilouds lie. You wouldn’t expect much fro them, or maybe expect a tin-ie sound but they are the opposite. First of all they are super well rounded, def have zero weaknesses in terms of sound in my opinion. And in fact if I were to find a strength I might seriously say the bass is one of its strong suits. It’s ridiculously fun and punchy. As long as you maintain them shoulder length or so of distance, since they Def lose a fair bit of it if u try to stretch them out too much, but even in that shoulder length they have great Soundstage. Also i have some massive expensive speakers and I still own the ilouds even so! Because they are super practical and most importantly they sound outstanding

1 Like

Also if you have any other questions i also have the ilouds that @twinkboi mentioned, i can vouch for their sound quality. It’s pretty special and even more when you consider their size and heck even cost, at 300 new they aren’t particularly cheap but also not expensive.

1 Like