Noob need help for new setup

Hmm other ones might be worth trying but I don’t have any experience with them.
People reviewing these say they work well on M40x:

It’s debatable whether it improves the sound or some people like it less, but ultimately if the headphones are too uncomfortable to even wear it’s a moot point! I can’t stand the normal pads.

thanks for the help, i going to order them, i wear glasses with metal frame so the m40x is like a torture instrument

1 Like

yeah i hear a lot of good things about the m40x. not sure if the ones i mentioned are that much of an upgrade. except the helios

Helios are the downgrade of downgrades if you’re treble-sensitive, though.
I avoid recommending Beyerdynamics for the same reason (except maybe 177Xs… or "Tygr"s?).

And yes I know “not all beyers” are bright.

Wait… do you have a Helios Dechaine?

Nope. But you got a pair. And you started a thread asking for tips to get rid of the high treble because it was too much for you on some songs.

A +10dB peak at 10khz doesn’t lie. I also made the mistake of buying Grado SR60e’s with a similar “peak”. People who are treble-sensitive should not, and will not, buy these without trying these beforehand.

1 Like

yeah when i switched to the Velour pads that came with them i brought the treble down to a point that is tolerable for me. i had switched them to the leather and it upped the treble on me. Actually i really love the treble on them. it really hits a sweet spot for me. but it still is sibilant on some songs

1 Like