Nymzreviews.com official thread

Power match of ifI works against you, as it is simply a gain switch (with power match engaged you have in fact higher gain setting on). You want to have as low gain as possible for very sensitive IEMS to work in usable power output range of amplifier (SNR is typically lowest in very low ranges of output power, then it is getting higher and higher up to moment when it clips (be careful, it is very oversimplified picture))

1 Like

I am not sure whether the statement of hiss being mainly a function of output impedance is correct and I think it is common misconception in audio world. This one eight rule is not about hiss directly

1 Like

I don’t have IEM match on ifi ZEN DAC :frowning:

1 Like

there are other factors of course, but OI is the easiest to spot.

1 Like

I mean as far as I know OI has nothing to do with hiss in principle. It is better to check SINAD @ low voltage (like this 50mV that ASR measures) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes I also love my Kinda Lava anyhow, but, on some tracks it is lacking on bass and I would appreciate more subbass.

Luckily I got the ifi go blu which solves the problem. X-Bass kicks ass! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

gotcha - I don’t find it lacking mid-bass and for genres that need more sub-bass rumble I’ll swap to something else. Just goes to show we all hear differently, have different libraries etc. As many smarter than me have said before I’m trying to focus on listening to the music instead of the gear :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Speaking of the devil… All this talk made me pull out my gear while I enjoy some croatian sun and sea.

If somebody ever doubts what my preferences are, this is it. Resin Kinda Lava, Pure Heroin album and blast that volume while the holographic stage takes care of the rest.

This is it boys. Here comes the rec and the Tea Cult stamp of approval.

Get it before it’s too late.

Will come back soon with more impressions. Zen Pro and Vernus are on my crosshair, but for now, another swim in the ocean.

Best,

nymz, the pale

13 Likes

Enjoy!

(skipping Royals? :sunglasses:)

2 Likes

Almost always :joy:

1 Like

@nymz I loved the KL but, the fit didn’t cut it for me. Had now idea they could be reshelled before I sold them. Now I’m looking at all the combos. I’m having such a hard time deciding on which colors. Don’t know if I want to go more subtle or more unique and slightly flashy.

2 Likes

check the EJ07M thread - a few posts with different resin designs in there, including my stealth version. I’ll dig out the shell/faceplate codes I went with.

3 Likes

I have the codes. I’m just so torn on what to choice. Will check the thread though.

2 Likes

Yap, my major problem with original EJ07m was the fit. It was the iem I tip rolled more until this day. I tried it all.

Resin helps. The oval nozzle is not the greatest to tip roll, but fit is much better.

Regarding choices, I always go full stealth as I dont like to draw much attention to it. I use iems everyday and everywhere you can think of, as long as my gf lets me :joy:

4 Likes

I’m kind of eyeing the C-005 and the O-009. Somewhere in the middle of stealth and flashy. Possibly the C-010 too.

1 Like

Maybe Joseph can show you some pics. I bugged him for a long time :joy:

2 Likes

Better than the OG 07? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Easy tiger. Kinda Lava, EJ07m, RSV, Tea2 etc are demi gods. They do most stuff right and excel at something.

I meant the curve, that looks like my target. It’s what I love. An exception can be done to sub bass increase.

7 Likes

My first (bought) vinyl ever, as a souvenir of these holidays. Will be added to the small collection my father gave to me. Found a street market tent selling vinyls and thought why not, right? GF agreed if I could find something she would like as well.

Funny thing though, right after the purchase my gf tells me “now you need a turntable and some speakers”. She still didnt learn :’)

10 Likes

death-note-keikaku-dori

4 Likes