Oh Endgame where art though?

You kinda jumped into the higher end dac game lol, but you have had pretty linear progression for amps so far, would you say that amp wise there was a significant performance jump at each level up?

1 Like

lol yes, my reference on dacs is very limited. prety much two opposite sides with multiple price tiers between haha

definitely. going from thx 788 to rnhp was a real eye opener in what you can get for the money. It was pretty much an improvement across the board, but especially in natural timbre and dynamics. going from the rnhp to the V281 was less of a jump in technicalities (compared to going from the thx to the neve) but more of a jump in refinement. Certain aspects of the sound improved like the layering and bass texture as well a jump in overall dynamics and resolution. I feel like a lot of this has to also do with the better synergy between the vio and my lampizator too.

3 Likes

So it seems like the Clear it is…that’s the way I was leaning but I figured a little more feedback is never bad. Thx guys.

1 Like

If you like what the elegia has to offer but want a big improvement on what it has, the clear is a pretty easy pick imo, really a significant upgrade in every way over the elegia (if you have a high end enough amp that is lol)

2 Likes

I missed the Hedd comment. I’m turned off by the weight of it so there’s that lol.

Yeah wasn’t the most comfortable either lol, but excited to see what they do next, perhaps I’ll like that more. Although I would keep your eye out for a diana v2 at 2k easily worthwhile over a clear or arya imo

1 Like