One DAP To Rule Them All

you got me wrong - my fault

I would love a DAP with top sound and modern features over my xDSD
I already had the xDSD and told my wife, I would want a DAP like the R5
with the xDSD in posession I am trapped - if I stay reasonable (not my bigegst strenght)

the R5 did not work for me - it´s a 399 mediocre DAP compared to the 1-2k DAPs
I did no buy 2 Android 10 smartphones for audio
I had my S8+ over 2 years and got a S10 because my Apple Fan wife wanted to try a Android and it did not work for her, so she got a new Apple 11 phone thing and I had to keep her S10(wanted to wait for the recently released S20 line - would skip this now because of the missing headphone out)

if I would now start in audio with one phone (like most normal people), things would be different
maybe I would not buy a xDSD and instead a really nice DAP like the Cayin N6ii, M11 Pro or DX 220

it´s like you wrote - why don´t we all drive the same car? - because circumstanes are for evry one different

I now use true wireless earbuds since a few weeks for gym(exclusive for gym, besides some first tests) and prefer it over my ES 100 with the Tin Hifi T4 for conveniance

the other thing - the xDSD was my mobile and stationary DAC/Amp for a long time and for this the investment was ok

I love the idea of something like the Cayin N8 with it´s tube mode and some very nice IEMs or 2 high end over ear headphones(open and closed) instead of the hole DAC/AMP/Tube stacking … all the wires and the fixed position…

it´s like always budget vs practical vs highest fidelty, why we decided and have to deal with what we have now and how we upgrade in future

2 Likes

I could definately recommend the M11 Pro or the “standard” M11. A wonderful and powerful device thats lasts for the next years.

Before the M11 Pro i’ve had an Android phone with a Dragonfly Cobalt and a FiiO Q5S but in my opinion the M11 Pro is another league of device.

1 Like

My DAP is the center of my sound system and never leaves home. Sony NW-ZX300 into an SMSL SU-8 feeding several amps.

I really like the sound and UI of the Sony Walkmans although the FiiO’s also look pretty good too.

Then an LG V30 for out and about, which is Plenty. Out and about is noisy and I am not wearing $1,000.00 headphones to work or around town.

Only @MON wears $1000+ Stax headphones#earspeakers otg…the rest of us use IEMs lol

And those iems can cost much more than that lol

Indeed lol

Hi there, this is my first post on this forum!

Well, I am new here but not new to the headphone realm. I did listen with the exotic Calyx M DAP (also modded, and with an external amp). But the one DAP I am looking forward to listening to is the new LPGT titanium edition. I have ordered one and hopefully this will be my „DAP to rule them all“ :wink:
Anyone else here who has ordered or tested the LPGT ti?

1 Like

I’m going to get to try one once a friend gets his, pretty curious to see how it stacks up to the regular lpgt

1 Like

You do like the LPGT, am I right with that assumption? But you did stay with your Paw Gold 2017, right?

Yes I do really like the lpgt, I was really considering buying one, but I did stick with my 2017, mainly because they generally have a fairly different signature, the 2017 is pretty forward and aggressive, a bit brighter as well, whereas the lpgt was a bit of a warmer wider and more smooth signature, that was imo more capable than the 2017 as well, but I wasn’t really looking into daps at the time as much either so didn’t feel the need to upgrade at the time. I also do really like the 2017 in terms of usability and didn’t feel the need for another touchscreen dap. But now that I’ve gotten into iems a bit more I do think I would most likely end up going with a lpgt over the 2017 if I had the choice now since I do think it’s higher preforming overall, I just didn’t feel the need to upgrade at the time and preferred usability wise the 2017 (I like the ability to mainly do everything regarding nav and playback without having to take it out of my pocket as much)

I would have upgraded to the lpgt recently if it weren’t for the luxury and precision p6 which imo outperformed the lpgt in sound (but isn’t as polished in usability). I am curious to see if the Ti can end up matching the P6 (and upcoming P6 pro later this month)

1 Like

Thanks for your thoughts! Yes please let us know what you think about the LPGT ti in comparison to the P6 (pro) if you should get a chance to compare those DAPs in the future. Meanwhile I am waiting for mine to arrive (to drive the Focal Stellia with a palladium plated silver cable) :slight_smile: :smiley:

1 Like

Sounds like a very nice setup :+1:

1 Like