"Open-Back" IEMs?

What about the bone zone? :sweat_smile:

From what I have read/heard it is actually suitable for podcasts on a motorcycle/bicycle.
I suppose it sounds like crap for music…

1 Like

I think they actually make sport version of this designed with cyclists in mind.

1 Like

I too am looking for an “open” IEM for exercising - to keep a sense of my surroundings, especially when on the street. Nothing that has been suggested so far would suit my needs.

More specifically, what I need should be

• In-ear
  • with LOW or at least reduced sound isolation
  • under 100$

Sound quality is less of a concern, neither is BT or cabled.
The Fiio FH5s look interesting, but are sadly outside my budget. As far as I have found, these are the only one advertising reduced isolation. Are there any other ones?

I have seen some IEMs with a vented faceplate (like KZ ZAX among others), question is, does that translate to less isolation?

This here are your choices I guess.

1 Like

I think it’s really freaking hard to access to Open Back IEMs, or maybe it’s because I am not looking hard enough therefore a bit naive on the amount of IEMs like these in such category that is existing.

I think the only Open-Back IEMs that I know or saw from the video would be the Audeze iSine 10s and the Gold Planar GL20, other than that? Yes, I don’t know everything therefore I admit it.

1 Like

Some other that I know are the iSINE series, monoprice m300 and TFZ balance 7.

Edit: O yeah just remembered about some boutique planar IEM maker. Forgot what it’s called, but there’s that.

1 Like

There is also a TFZ Tequila 1.
I bought it ~year ago for I think £50, well below $100

1 Like

Tried the Zax and felt it too shouty in the treble region

Maybe?

1 Like