Ouch my Shiit Bifrost2 just shorted out/fried itself!

If it failed that fast, most likely it was a bad component, that was just good enough to pass initial QC.
Happens.

They are pretty robust, mine survived my recent massive power spike, when my generator company managed to destroy my generators controller and send a massive overvoltage through my whole house.
And that was quite dramatic with sparks from outlets and surge protectors making nice popping noises for the few seconds it took the generators main fuse to blow.

1 Like

Glad to see that you got it back and that even though the root cause analysis is a little lacking and leaving you with some questions “why”, still. It is good to hear that their service is excellent.

1 Like

Service was very acceptable. Excellent would have been if they gave me a FedEx number to send it back, box this size with insurance was $40 and change to ship in a way I found secure and acceptable. But yes very pleased.

1 Like

You would think that with a very new product, with a defect, they would have covered the shipping.

I would assume a DOA gets covered. At least it was fairly quick.

If that had happened to me in Canada, I’d be pissed with the much higher shipping cost.

And I am thinking of buying a DAC next Saturday. Hmmmm.

2 Likes

Mono price covered shipping for a 100lb monolith amplifier fully under the exact same circumstances, it took a year to replace the amp but I received a brand new unit in return once it became available. Now that is EXCELLENT service.
I continue to be pleased with Shitt and look forward to my next purchase from them.

1 Like

I had the same problem with some Beyer DT880 (600 Ohm) headphones. They had maybe twenty hours on them after five or or six weeks and then refused to work properly. Thomann paid the reurn shipping to Germany. Took quite a while (ten weeks including shipping to and from), but it was handled very well. Especially when you consider the shipping to and from was killer and the headphones were cheap. They lost mucho money on that deal.

I LOVE my Schiit Loki, but your story (and others) does not inspire faith. I am sure that Vinshine and the rest may have reacted the same, but it does give me pause.

1 Like

4 Likes

Ok, my BF2 is back up running and properly in use again. I’m testing things out w/ BF2 > SPL Phonitor 2 > ATH-AWAS combo. Eventually once it has warmed up enough I hope to hear the extremely pleasant sounds I know this combo is capable of producing. There is some top notch synergy in this combination, all 3 units use their best traits and have their weaknesses negated by each other :muscle:

3 Likes

@Nick_Mimi this came to mind while looking at your last post and your BF2 snuggled back where it belongs…

1 Like