šŸ”¶ Philips Fidelio X2

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with them. Iā€™ve had 2 different pairs to compare and they have both been stellar on everything from the 789 to my phone.

So I saw Zā€™s Philips Fidelio X2HR review. Theyā€™re $100 on Amazon which seems to be a damn good deal. Does anyone else have these?
I had made a conscious decision to not buy any more gear this year, but these sales are making it difficult lol

Fun in the mud.

I wouldnā€™t say that they have great detail (perhaps muddy) but they are fun to listen to and have a fair amount of bass. Itā€™s a good price but if you have others, I canā€™t imagine you choose these over what you have.

1 Like

ā€œFun in the mudā€ LOL. There were some amazon reviews saying they were worth $300. But I will probably pass. They would make a great gift though.

1 Like

I can agree with that tbh. Itā€™s really bassy and it really just overwhelms most of the sound

ā€œFor people with gigantic headsā€

Count me as one of those people with giant heads. I have to max out the extensions on most headphones in order for them to fit me. Iā€™m a couple hours into listening to the Fidelio X2HRā€™s and initial impression through my THX AAA 789 is very positive, as is the comfort. I will have to do more switching around between these and my HD6xx and HE4xx headphones to see where they wind up on my list but Iā€™m thinking they may replace the HE4xxā€™s in my regular rotation. Loving the width of the presentation and the airy ambiance. Jacking them into the Liquid Spark warms them up quite a bit for extended listening. Just a little thicker sound than with the 789. Similar to my experience with the HE4xxā€™s but the Fidelioā€™s are way more comfortable.

UPDATE: My phone does not drive these loud enough (Moto Z2 Play). The headphone amp on the IOTAVX SA3 will drive them, but they sound bass heavy that way. The 789 drives them with ease, of course, as does the Liquid Spark, which warms them up just enough.

How is x2 in terms of hearing enemies footsteps, because I play a lot of cs:go and that is really important for me.

meh. dt880 and even shp9500 are much better for competitive gaming.

I have posted a comparison between the X2 and the sundara, nighthawk carbon and M1070 in the sundara thread today.

Dekoni Choice Leather - [https://www.amazon.com/Dekoni-Audio-Replacement-Philips-Headphones/dp/B08T6C6QTZ]

Dekoni Choice Suede ā€” [https://www.amazon.com/Dekoni-Audio-Replacement-Philips-Headphones/dp/B08T6FKWXK]

Add these to the list of things you NEED with these cans.