Please help, I need DAC to match my zmf vc and topping a90

Finally got the dragon and the DAC, holo audio spring 2 is on its way. However it doesn’t include a power cable and I’m confused regarding the connection. Is this a correct fit? I’m thinking the picture of AC Input is a bit squed…?

No, that is so true.
You can use the Us and Eu plug that way.
Because the Us plug is different from the Eu plug.
You just have to look somewhere on the side for a switch that allows you to set 115 or 230 volts.
This way, the polarity is reversed internally to the power supply unit.

It’s a good thing because you can buy any device that supports this type all over the world.
I just can’t see yet if this type supports the Swiss and British plug, I think it does.

My bad! I wan’t aware this was the only one they make. Guess its all due to perspective

Problem solved @Deleeh

1 Like

Yes, that’s right.
That fits as far as it goes.
I meant the socket of the Dac was designed this way because in the USA or Asia they have a different standard of sockets and plugs.
And the socket of the Dac was designed so that you can connect it worldwide.

You just have to make sure that the voltages of the power supply are set correctly.
In America and Asia you have 115 volts, so if you set it to 230 volts nothing happens, but if you bought it privately from America and didn’t switch it over, it burns out because the voltage is wrong.

But because it is still protected by a fuse, nothing should happen.
The fuse is the first to burn out and must then be replaced.

You can insert the Audioquest plug into this socket without any problems.

Thank you @Deleeh :smiley:

I’m such a newb even things like this is new to me. I’ve asked in a telegram chat and the respons was WTF haha people could’nt believe I didn’t know this…

Is there other stuff everyone knows that’s important for tube amp’s or dac’s? for an instanse not to clean tubes with microfiber cloths?

I just saw that the picture was a bit confusing, this is a normal connector for the Audioquest cable.

Somehow I thought that the socket is multi-pole and therefore universal.
But it’s not,well the idea would be nice if you could still dream.:innocent:

So the socket fits the Audioquest cable.

Heh,
You can clean the tubes with a soft microfibre cloth - that’s no problem.
It’s the best thing for glass.
I even wipe the windows of my house or car with it.

It’s better than using a cloth that creates friction and because they are quite sensitive, it tends to cause problems afterwards.

You should not hold the tubes under the water, that is clear, and only clean them from the outside when they have cooled down.

Ideally, you should put a little alcohol or disinfectant on the microfibre cloth and clean with it.
And if you do not touch them when they are in operation, because depending on how warm they get, the grease residues can be released from the skin and cause them to burn.
Similar to the xenon bulbs on a car.

Many many thanks @Deleeh :smiley: