Please help me figure out my future setup ( headphones )

I’ve said at the beggining affordable open back ( ~200 € ). So between 150 € and a little over 200 with cables or anything included is fine.

Oh ok :smile: , I guess I’m set now on how this idea of mine would work, thanks again for trying it out for me.

Just wanted to make sure you got something that could be properly driven with your current gear. Also I should mention the only difference between the pro 880 and premium (assuming the same 250 ohms) is that the pro has a coiled cable and clamps slightly stronger, where the premium has a straight cable and slightly less clamp.

I hate coiled cables and I like my headphones to be light on the head ( I spend a long time with it ), so I guess the choice is quite easy to make.

2 Likes

ahhh…I searched for the $ symbol, so nothing came up, LoL.

does that include the price of your DAC/Amp or just for the headphones?

I guess I never really talked about comfort did I. They are reasonably comfortable with plenty of space for my ear at least, and don’t get that hot unless the room is really warm. While they aren’t the lightest things I’ve had on my head, they’re for sure not the heaviest. The build is good and they are quite repairable because of their popularity, but they tend to not have many issues. You can also wash out the pads if they get dirty (there are guides online). The clamp is fine and leans towards snug but isn’t uncomfortable. The cable can get kind of irritating because of its length and how it sometimes holds memory, but its not horrendously bad or anything like that, usable for sure.

My account is new, so i couldn’t respond anymore.

I’m just looking for headphones to pair with my Sabaj da3 right now, and I might get a proper DAC/amp later so I want cans that will scale decently with what is paired with them.

1 Like

With what I’ve seen so far, the build and comfort of the premium dt 880 seems just right, though the pro seems to be what I dislike, a tangling annoying cable and a stronger clamp force, so I’m set on it don’t worry.

lol improvise adapt overcome

cables can be replaced and clamping force weakens over time. and if you want ‘light’ headphones, you’ll be looking for something about 250 - 300 grams. heavy headphones, like the Audeze LCD2 Classic weight about 550g. that said, proper headbands can make a heavy headphone comfortable.

I recommend the HD6XX ive had a few pairs of headphones and they are by far the best headphones for classical i have used even without a amp “recommend one tho” just remember if you are not in america take into account the import tax ect my total customs fee was £45 XD (also gaming the Sound stage is phenomenal)