Pledge for 2020

thats pretty interesting, was it because of particular tracks? i don’t know much about the nightowls but i’ve heard that the nighthawks can kind of split people sounding amazing on some stuff and like trash on other songs. And INTERESTING that your favorite are grados and you own hd 600s, do you like variety?

Did they come with multiple pads like the nighthawks?

Variety is my driving force!:smiley:

I forgot to mention that I also just got the Fostex TH-610’s. I have a very eclectic selection.

It wasn’t specific tracks. I just grew to hate the sound. I wonder if I had overlooked some things due to them being half price. Look for a good return policy, if you can.

1 Like

I think so. That was at least a year ago, maybe two.

1 Like

Interesting, and of course lol. thnx for the warning. I think i will probably like them based on what ive heard but we will find out! it’s supposed to become part of my endgame plan. hopefully one warm or dark headphone plus one bright. i was going to go for the elex as my final endgame but i think ill just double up different signatures or maybe just be satisfied with the nighthawks we will see

Sometimes different gear can make any headphone sound awful. Synergy is key.

2 Likes

Good pledge, and one i’m trying to follow this year myself. I went on a crazy binge to close out the year, and I want to spend a good portion of 2020 actually listening to all the shit I bought last year before dropping more money. Because when I do, it’s going to hurt**

3 Likes

You could definitely change the passion to good speakers. lol

Can’t give pledge like that.
Since my passion changes from audio → cars and then back to audio. and so on. Might get my final endgame headphones this summer but i feel the wind of change… so to cars. i’m going to try sell my current car. Buy day daily beater and then find a new “the car”-> car hifi to that and parts.
I might also have a pearl winter beater in sight… so might have 3 at the end of the year.
So it’s horrible, everything goes that comes. :laughing:

1 Like

I like the mantra, but at the same time, I quite like having tons of different and unique sounds to choose from. I guess if you have found your perfect set of cans though, this is probably a good way to save some money haha. Good luck to ya! Hopefully I don’t break the bank this year either lol

2 Likes

I’m with you Shane! I found out that if I saved up what I have already spent on the gear I’m not using, I could have had what I really want. So almost everything is going up for sale and I’m building up funds for RNHP and LCD XC. No more settling on things that might sound close to the high end stuff.

5 Likes

How very ominous of you

2 Likes

I hear you on the car thing. I am thinking about upgrading this summer. Already researching options.
I moved back to apartment living, so headphones are the future.

1 Like

My “final” collection will still be at least 4 headphones , so there will be a nice variety.

3 Likes

Exactly!:+1:

1 Like

For 2020 I just want to experience the best version of my Sendi Aiva, upgraded the amp to the LS and love it. Now the dac, still can’t decide between the d10 or hold out for when ever the LS dac comes out. Then just black heart audio cables and ZMF universe perforated suade pads. Really want to own a Elex in the near future. But for now those are my 2020 goals. Or more like half of 2020 as a new baby is heavy on the wallet.

2 Likes