Quality AC Power cable worth it?

If I am being dead honest, from browsing hifi forums and watching reviews for the past 2 weeks or so, I had a sneaking fear there is a lot of price for the sake of prestige and not for the sake of quality in hifi products. Sad to see that fear seems to be true.

that, alas, is an issue when you go TOTL; you have to be vigilant to avoid being suckered by snake oil.

1 Like

For sure. Iā€™ve spoken a couple of times with Mattias Stridbeck at Harmony Design and he seems to be one of the few that takes this seriously. At least when you ask one of the manufacturers themselves, heā€™s been one of those that doesnā€™t sound like a PR statement that goes automatic copy-paste :joy:

Granted heā€™s not unique in that regards. Thereā€™s plenty good equipment out there. But much of it is presented as if a cable was weaved with golden hairs from the vaults of Xerxes. I know these companies want to sell their stuff, but at least make it sound genuine and not like youā€™re peddling a proprietary garden hose.

Iā€™ve come to respect properly built PSUā€™s and power filtering a lot more since Iā€™ve gotten issues with that becoming apparent with bad combinations of gear. You truly notice when someone has thought of how to eliminate this, without going overboard of course, since there are a lot of brands out there that like to take exorbitant amounts of money for anything that even mentions filtering.

But hey, at least Iā€™d rather pay 500ā‚¬ for a power filter than 500ā‚¬ for some magic crystals sitting on top of my DAC.

New here. Mind if I ask what the hell this is a reference to?

Iā€™ll just leave you with this https://gallery.audiophile.rocks

5 Likes

consider me even more lost than previously. I was at least expectign a massive salt lamp or something. Not putty rolled in sand

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. I canā€™t stop laughing.

Furutech is expert at this :joy:

That balancing job thoughā€¦:rofl::joy::rofl:

ā€¦and the tape sling holding the power cable up.

ā€¦and are those power cables filled with sand? SAND?

Worst case, the sand soaks up the molten conductor quenching the arc :smiley:

1 Like

So when I go to the beach and drive back home with a half pound of sand in my underwearā€¦ I can now say Iā€™m shielding against errant EMF noise.

Nice!

1 Like

More like building an HRC fuse.