Quick! Grab your gear! We are going to Audiophile island!

It’s performed extremely well for me. I’ve had a Sonos system of some flavor for about the last 6 years. It started with a Playbar (upgraded recently to the Arc), to which I added the pair of Play Ones as surrounds very shortly thereafter. I’ve got the system in a pretty large room (Combined living room/ kitchen about 12x16 with 10+ foot ceiling) and my primary listening spot is about 10 feet from the soundbar. I use the system primarily for TV/Movie viewing, but I do throw Spotify to it from time to time without complaint. Considering the apartment environment and the base capabilities of the speakers themselves, I’ve not found myself wanting for the subwoofer (the price tag of the Sonos Subs also helps temper that).

On the TV/Movie side I’ve been very happy with both the Playbar while I had it (my best friend has it now and loves it as well) and now the Arc. I was somewhat curious as to whether or not I’d be able to notice any difference with the addition of the extra speakers and Atmos support, and was surprised I have. I’ve got a few movie scenes that I like running to get a feel for speakers (Top Gun opening, Empire Strikes Back’s Battle of Hoth, the final performance scene from Whiplash) Top Gun and Whiplash I only had Dolby 5.1 for and the Arc still sounded better, For The Empire Strikes Back I had Atmos available and I found that to be very enjoyable (I think I watched that scene a good 4 or 5 times in a row after I hooked up the Arc).

I have a standalone Echo in the room which is more capable than that built into the Arc so I’ve not bothered activating it (I do like the fact that you can leave it disabled) so I can’t speak for that feature.

1 Like

I’m in the same situation. I only have two setups - one 2ch and IEMs. In fact, if I could have my 2ch going all day. I wouldn’t need any other setups.

We use a Beam and 2 Play ones on the barge when streaming movies and playing Blu-ray’s etc and it works ok (would be better with the sub) in that situation…personally wouldn’t use it for music, maybe the Arc is better in that respect?..

3 Likes

I have one friend who replaced a Beam with the Arc who said they were night and day different. That makes sense though as you’re going from 4 sub/ 1 tweeter to 8/3. Of course there’s also something to take into account for your use case, @Ohmboy, the Arc is twice as wide as the Beam, that’s gonna look pretty silly on that cabinet…

1 Like

Totally buddy (that’s our fold out table) :grimacing: lol…if we didn’t move the barge every two weeks and things didn’t fall over (speakers on stands) then we’d have
a wired dope 2.1 system but driving stuff like that off of leisure batteries is demanding, not impossible but demanding :+1:

2 Likes

You have piqued my interest. Maybe once they go on sale.

They always have a Black Friday sale, it usually cuts $100 off of the Sub if you want to buy one, used to take $100 off the Playbar (haven’t seen an Arc discount yet), and usually saves you $100 on a pair of One’s, so I wouldn’t suggest pulling the trigger before then unless you see those kinds of savings unless you absolutely need it.

1 Like

Gonna have to keep my eyes peeled haha. Maybe peruse the Deals threads more :laughing:

1 Like

Desert island deals.com??? :grin:

1 Like