Received The New Geshelli Archel 2 AMP for review

you just made me think of that episode of Family Matters where Erkel had the giant speaker on the guitar amp, LoLoL!

1 Like

It’s a hard time we live in with so many fantastic choices at fantastic prices

1 Like

indeed, however the Geshelli stack isn’t exactly spectacular looking. not like others, anyhow.

1 Like

I feel like it depends on your tastes. If you don’t like the more function over form/diy look it probably isn’t for you, but I personally think it looks pretty unique and sweet, better than a boring black box

1 Like

but black boxes tell you everything! the complete story! the whole enchilada!

Don’t talk to me or my JDS Atom ever again! :stuck_out_tongue:
Seriously though, I’ll order the little metal knob for mine too. Easier to grab, looks better, and the ring is easier to see (click the link to see the photo). And it won’t be just all black anymore.

The Geshelli amps don’t photo so well. They look much better in person.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

M0N says that the Geshelli stack beats the Atom & KTB for most natural / neutral sound profile…so this is likey the way I’m gonna go.

What one do you enjoy the 4xx the most on? Also do you think the 4xx improve with the archel?

Just barely imo. It still has good body and emotion while retaining the neutral, even sound which the atom and ktb combo isn’t as good at imo

I think they look awesome. Not for a sleek, finished look but more of a mad scientist look.:smiley:

(Spoiler Alert) the Magni 3 is transparent but the crazy power it outputs gives bass more thump and impact, but it’s a double edge sword. The treble is pushed just as hard and become too much on some songs with certain headphones. The 4xx sound decent on it.

The liquid spark has slightly rolled off treble in that range where things begin to get harsh and the very, very slight warm-ish slightly mid focus sounds slightly more refined compared to the Archel 2 pro and way more refined compared to the Magni 3. Most headphones I’ve tried sound good on it… Especially headphones like Gradi that tend to be more lively.

The Archel 2 Pro fits perfectly in the middle. If you want the complete transparency if the Magni without the harshness that I think comes from the abundance of power the Archel 2 is the winner. It has less bass impact compared to the Magni (about the same as the liquid spark) i think the fact that it isn’t outputting 3+ watts allows it to sound clean. It pushes hard enough but not so hard that it stabs your ears with treble.

It’s a really, really, close battle for me between the spark, and Archel 2 pro.

The He4xx sound really close on those 2 , the spark has a bit more power to push them. That’s why I’m thinking the Archel 2.5 Pro might be the right amp for planar… When compared to the Archel 2 Pro.

Basically to sum it up. You listen genere with hard impact and the songs are no where near siblant. Get the Magni 3 especially at the $59 price right now.

If you want a more refined sound that handles treble heavy songs ,and has excellent mid/ vocals get the spark.

If you want a complete transparent sound that’s gets really close to the refined sound of the spark, or you listen to a lot of music with snare and cymbals… I think the Archel 2 Pro has a more solid clean cymbal impact because the spark can start to roll off in that range

How does this amp compare to the new Schiit Magni 3+ and Hersey?

I’d say read the above post…epic makes comparisons.

@Antpage2 I haven’t received a reply from Schiit yet. I did ask to try the new units. I can tell you the new units have less power. Magni 3+ and heresy are about 2.4 watts rms vs the 3 watts or the Magni 3. According to Schiit the new amps sound about the same. The heresy should have better numbers on paper and easier to produce.

If Shiit sends me one I’ll give more accurate thoughts once I listen. I’m not opposed to purchasing one myself, but I have a few other Amps that I’d rather get my hands on, and we actually review more than just audio. So I have to keep an eye on the budget.

My goal is to have the written review and video up this week. But I spoiled most of my thoughts in the summary above. But I’m open to questions that I might be able to answer…

I do suspect there Archel 2 pro will still sound more refined vs the 3+ and heresy… but that’s just a hunch. I’m sure they will sound good as well… Especially when power is needed.

As a side note. The new lower power of the Schitt Magni 3+ and heresy places it right next to the liquid spark in terms of power output…

Interesting :thinking::thinking:

Do you have a youtube channel?

1 Like