Received The New Geshelli Archel 2 AMP for review

I actually have an RCA to XLR 3 pin so I’ll make it happen. I have a first generation iPod touch somewhere I don’t think have a charger for it though.

Just make the most satirical review you can lol

okay…well, I’m still confused why the EROG2 has balanced out and the Archel2.5 has balanced input but not balanced output. can anyone explain that?

Perhaps @geshelli_labs could lol

1 Like

Wait for the Archel 3.0?

1 Like

It’s been a challenge to design a TRUE fully balanced amp at an affordable price. We have been working on this all year. If we find a solution we’ll move forward.

6 Likes

In your opinion, would a fully balanced design yield a big jump in fidelity? I personally am of the opinion that a good single ended design and a good balanced design (for a headphone out only not counting inputs) can have about equal fidelity from my experience (if the components and design are on a level playing field). That being said I would still love to eventually see a full balanced geshelli even if it’s higher priced :+1:

Edit: I should have specified from a listening perspective, not a measurement perspective

1 Like

okay, but why add the expense of balanced input connectors on the amp when it’s not capable of providing a balanced output? I get why you;'d have them on your DAC, people can use it with whatever amp they wish.

I think it’s a convenience thing… For example… I use the RCA outputs on my DAC for my speaker amp and use the XLR outputs for my headphone amp. If it only had RCA inputs, I’d have to split the RCA signal.

2 Likes

can you please put a usb port on your DAC’s? would really love to try them

from what I’ve read, the 2 and 2.5 are identical but for the balanced input on the 2.5…so it still doesn’t make much sense.

the 2.5 has higher power output, I’m pretty sure.

1 Like

you’re right…600mW for the 2 and 1w for the 2.5.

I mention it in the review, but the 2 has 600mw. It sounds fantastic but with planar if you want overhead in terms of power you want the 1watt of the Archel 2.5 Pro. the he4xx can be played on low gain max volume and it doesn’t hurt. If you like listening loudly it’s probably in the upper end of the zone you listen. High gain you can’t get near max volume before it hurts to listen and they distort.

If you have harder to drive planar get the 2.5. something like the 6xx, 58x, gradi, iem the Archel 2 Pro is more than enough and it’s really clean.

I’m speak more about the sound in the comparison I’m doing as well while I have it.

I’m personally purchasing one of the 2.5 I wan some t50 mods and I don’t think the 2 will have the overhead that I want… But I’d totally own the Archel 2 it’s easily on par or better than the other offerings in the same price range… the customizability puts it over there top in my opinion.

1 Like

I want to get the Archel 2.5 pro and compared to the Atom. They both have similar power output, both look good on paper. I honestly think there will be no noticable difference but I’d have to get both side by side.

Again if they do sound the same, not to knock the Atom but I think the ability to choose the case color and from and back color I’d give the nod to Geshelli. I just love individually that’s possible…

“If” they sound the same

1 Like

Also Geshelli has a matching dac (enog) that works well with it, where the atom currently does not (for those who like nice stacks)

1 Like

Thinking more about it, I’d love to have the 2 and 2.5 pro side by side to see the difference

True. I’m still using the modi 3 and I’m happy despite it not matching… but the beauty of the stack is so appealing.

I will say for those that are interested I think the 600mw is beneficial in terms of the sound

Go for the stackkkk :+1:

1 Like