Replacement for "minidsp NanoDigi 2x8 DSP"

I kind of understand the setup you are going for, but to be kind of blunt (and I mean that because I really want to help you!) I just think you don’t really understand what you really need at this point. There are some pretty easy upgrades to your system, therefore I would strongly urge you to just start fresh and ask questions.

Example: Your DAC (35) + High pass (30) + splitter (7) + bass knob (20) is equal to the cost of a mini DSP, which can do all that, plus much more. And better. Room correction is going to be a huge (the biggest?) factor if you really care about bass.

There is a lot of expertise on this place and you could get better gear, for less money, including your personal wishes (no shame in being a bass head, bass is great, I got 8 10" in my living room :wink: )

Honestly, all you need to do is buy a mini DSP, active speakers and put the rest of your budget in your sub. KPH30i has a very acceptable inline mic too, so you can skip the external mic. Reducing the number of items on your list from 15 to 8 or so would already give you substantial upgrade.

Now I am not sure if you want any advice. I can understand theory crafting a setup is part of the fun. Just take some input :wink:

1 Like

I already plan on having a minidsp hd on my 2nd gen setup, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, then switching to a dirac minidsp later on in that setup, I may rebuild the 1st gen setup with a normal minidsp then upgrade to an hd?.. i actually didnt realize the koss had an inline decent microphone so i prob will ditch the 20 dollar mic

-okay I think I figured something out, better?;

1st Gen Sound Setup - PCPartPicker

Yeah I think that should work. I am not sure you need a splitter with that headphone amp.

Does you computer have a coaxial audio output? Or what do you plan to use that for?

The amp uses separate jacks for headphone out and mic in so i needed a splitter (at least it looks like it)