Everybody gangsta until a homie pull up in a powered IT cart

6 Likes

Suddenly my BTR5/HD58X setup, seems insignificant… :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

This is WAAAAY better than seeing “Little Women”

9 Likes

Aaaaaaaand it’s raining.

10 Likes

Oh man. That was pretty funny. Hope all your stuffs are safe though.

2 Likes

Yeah all good. Found a better spot. Still have 2 hours

1 Like

I half thought you were joking. That’s halirious. Enjoy the alone time.!!!

2 Likes

It’s been great so far. Kinda cold, but it’s pretty awesome being forced to pay attention to the music for this long.

13 Likes

Little Women? Maybe if you greatly prefer music over movies, but actually from a critical standpoint, that movie is pretty good.

2 Likes

13 Likes

So I rigged up a ridiculous thing today. It’s a very rough prototype with stuff that I had on hand. Works as a proof of concept, though. I used an old CD rack and lots of packing tape to put together a “portable” rig I can carry out to the patio with just one hand and plug into an extension cord. It uses a D10, a Liquid Spark, and I even rigged up a wireless phone charger to it for when the Topping inevitably drains my phone battery:

The old empty jewel cases lift the D10 up high enough the cables will come out the opening in the back. Using the rig on the patio right now. Less wire fussing already compared to things like the Hip-Dac. And I’m powering Dekoni Blues on the patio, because I can!

14 Likes

lol nice to see that these ridiculous portable setups are making a comeback

2 Likes

This definitely sounds waaaaay better than any other “portable” solution I’ve tried so far.

1 Like

Fiio BTR5? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Now this is something I can get down with! On the go homie.

1 Like

Lol. Not great for the OTG. Although, a car battery, a power converter, and a wheelbarrow… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Me! I have! Lol.

So, let’s start with the portable setup for my “work rig,” which is a Topping D90 + Monoprice 887:

I got a Pelican case and cut the foam out so I can take this anywhere. Brought it on a plane back in February to go visit a friend from XBox and force him to experience good audio, lol. Here’s the full stack with power supplied and XLR interconnects:

I left the AK at home; no sense in giving TSA an opportunity to be humorless about it. :wink:

But where I went way “worse” was in building an outdoor weatherproof Roon network for a group camping event. I posted pics before in another thread, so will just re-link that here:

Oh, @XmetaldaveX, just noticed you replied to me in that other thread, lol. But, yeah, still the silliest portable setup to date.

6 Likes