SMSL SP200 THX AAA 888 Vs MONOLITH THX AAA 887

Perfect, then i can plug an eu cable in it and dont need a bulky adapter.

What about the monolith thx desktop amp/dac I heard that’s pretty good

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m settled on the RNHP and currently using Topping DX7 Pro as the DAC only. Might change the Topping out in the future but need to save up a bit first.

3 Likes

nice set just asking because I saw someone selling it for $200 Jesus that’s a steal

2 Likes

Hi M0N. Are there any benefits (besides being more clinical) of these THX amps over the Asgard 3?

Not to my ears no, perhaps is more neutral and also a bit more immediately cleaner, but generally from an overall technical perspective I think they fall behind. Looks better on paper I guess?

1 Like

Thanks. Would you say the more expensive clinic amps like smsl sp400, benchmark hpa4 or the topping a90 sound better?

Not by much, the benchmark is a joke at that price compared to what else could be had imo. The least offensive one to my ears is the a90, it doesn’t have the treble brittleness and more dry nature of the thx, but does still have the lackluster low level resolution, spatial recreation, dynamics, and timbre. But it does have decent punch and reasonable smoothness. So inoffensive but not really all that capable, I would prefer many other options in that price range. The sp400 I don’t have enough time with (short demo) to really comment all that much but I wasn’t really a fan and found it had similar problems to other thx amps

1 Like