🔶 Softears Volume

there wasnt any size option when I bought them, but I measured them and they are 3mm.

1 Like

I am planning to buy the Volume. Can anyone recommend to me how does it sound? My personal preferences with this set would be lush and thick vocals, decently detailed(not bright) treble. Bass i just don’t need it to be overpowering or bassy.

This review suggests the vocals are thick with the volume. Looks like it will suit my taste.

It’s the opposite of what you are looking at. Trust me.

Volume is upper mids/treble heavy, with thin note weight.

3 Likes

So I am bumping this post because this will probably end up a Collab. I plan on fixing that Midrange hump that crowds the sound. Any other thoughts?

3 Likes

these graphs are the ultimate cheat code, fill in the scope from 300hz to 600hz and add more upper treble, reduce the 13k bump for around 5 db and you will have an ultimate iem tuned on your name. reduce 1k to 3k by 1 dbs and the ear gain is alot, tone it down by 3 dbs and the lower treble needs to be toned down with it. boost 8 to 10k by 3 dbs.
add 2 db more subbass to have a better downward sloping signature for less fatigue and achieve a better in room response feel to it.
then you will have an in room flat tuned iem with a slight downward sloping response, then the main part begins, you can remain it as it is or add or remove any amount of subbass, midbass, treble or any frequency you want for a more colored signature to to suite the genre you like better or make it better suited for your own hrtf ( mainly 8k+ area)

1 Like

From reviews, it feels that treble extension or air could be improved.

Exciting Collab because I almost bought Volume a few times but the pinna gain always scared me away.
Good bass quality, proper gain, air and good stage and timbre would make this a winner in this price category.

1 Like

I think this is key for natural sounding vocals and instruments.

1 Like