Sony launches a psuedo 12 speaker kit plus a new sound bar

have you tried one of their subwoofer options with it? not exactly an ideal solution, but it will most likely solve the soundbar issue. was hoping to find a solution that doesnt involve really buying anything for ya.

i wont lie, i couldn’t find any info on whether it acts as a low pass for the soundbar when hooked up. but people seem to be happy with that in addition to the soundbar. including some people i found who commented on some pretty bass heavy movie scenes very positively.

im also sorry to hear it isnt working out as well as you hoped. i feel your frustration.

1 Like

I was planning to buy the rest of the gear, yeah. Sub and 2 surrounds, but I’m not very happy with the air distortion sound that happens at moderate/high volume. I’ll buy some of that foam and try to dampen it a little at some point, but I’m kinda demotivated on the whole thing. Exhausted from dealing with vendors, RMAs, life, lol.

Edit: that was also my thinking – if connecting the sub did low pass filtering, that might take the heavy load off the bar and reduce the air sounds, but it doesn’t appear to have a xover. I dunno. I’m not in the habit of keeping gear I am less than satisfied with, but my exhaustion may lead to it…

1 Like

You mentioned before you can turn the bass down on the soundbar. If you have a sub or 2, wont need it cranked up anymore.

1 Like

Yeah. You might be right. We will probably wind up with the sub + surrounds in a few months.

In the mean time, I just noticed that prices on PC hardware are falling rapidly, including GPUs, and I just found an Nvidia 3090ti GPU for $1300. Was $2200 last month. Schwing!!!

New PC time!!! Whooohoooo parts are in shipping and will arrive next week!!! :grin::grin::grin:

Do you see what it means to suffer ADHD? :smile:

1 Like

I totally do lol. I just built one…and with the prices dropping a huge amount, about to build another lol

1 Like

So… the Sony HT-A7000 is going back for a refund, and Im not going to think about Sony’s products again for a while.

The device began flashing HDMI inputs. Going black for 10 seconds, then back to content, then black for 10 seconds, repeat. This was with a new LG OLED TV, the A7000 connected to the eARC, and other sources (google TV, Switch, 4k BluRay) connected to regular HDMI inputs on the A7000.

I already did research on the A7000 last month and found some customers reporting HDMI flashing, but I thought I had a unit that did not do this. It randomly started doing it today, on TOP of the air pressure sound, so… that’s it for us. On the bright side, now we will shop around for another surround solution for our main OLED TV. We have to pay off a bunch of crap right now though, so it probably wont be for 6 months+

1 Like