Student budget setup

It would be 195 $. But could it compare to a Topping Stack? D30 and A30 for 325$?

I think it would be actually better then the topping stack imo. It’s a better amp with a newer dac imo

1 Like

I’ll take. A better look at it then come with an edit.

Ads look good on the K5 Pro, but the DAC inside doesn’t really seem that good after reading some measurements/reviews. The amp is quite good but my MX3 could work until I upgrade, maybe possibly to the topping Stack. + A stack should have a lower electrical noise inside that an all in one, but IDK it it’s that sensitive.

$195 is a good price…better than what I can get it for here in Canada @ $229. that said, check AliExpress, being Chinese, it likely is available off there.

1 Like

oh…and make sure it’s the K5 Pro…not the K5 the Pro replaced…see some on AliE at a better price, but it’s not as good.

1 Like

I would definitely upgrade the headphones before upgrading the MX3. I’m quite pleased with the headphone amp on that unit.

I would say that would be fine for most headphones, but it might not play well with the verum one if he is looking at that

That’s a fair point.