The best headphone amp volume knob

You make it sound as if the volume knob is better than the amp itself :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you not like the amp as much as a whole?

2 Likes

don’t be a coff knob coff, of course he likes it!

1 Like

I actually enjoy my Atom/DX3 pro stack more (and use portable amps far more often on the road) but I use my Element in the office back home when I can. I’ve tried to re-home it with friends before, but since I’ve yet to have any takers I keep spinning that fat, flat dial as time allows.

1 Like

‘I like big bu…er, knobs! and I cannot lie’. :wink:

1 Like

Without a doubt it would be the Violectric V220 for me. Massive knob and the movement is so smooth. I have a remote but I haven’t used it since a week or two after I got the amp. It is many times better than any other amp that I have, including the iFi.

4 Likes

The best knob has been the WA7 for me. For portable setups, I loved the ifi Micro iDSD Signature.

The JDS Element II felt a bit too sensitive – it can go from 3 to 9 o’ clock with just a nudge. It was still a pleasure to use, though.

1 Like

Well I would say my Bryston Bha-1 amp. smooth and controlled no drastic change unless I want it. probably followed by the Quicksilver and then my Feliks.

1 Like

That is a imposing volume knob. Nice!

Looks great, but a bit too pricey for me (for now anyway, haha).

I’ve considered this before, but ended up trying the XD05 BAL instead. Maybe I should reconsider one day.

Interesting. I wonder if I’ll like it. I just ordered an El II+ :slight_smile: