The Prestigious JDS Labs Atom

I will say that if you can give the argon’s some more power it’s somewhat worthwhile

What about the sendy aiva’s ?
From what I saw some ppl had no issue runing it of the atom, but I’d like an enthusiast opinion.

The sendy is not really that hard to drive, so I don’t see a problem, should be plenty. The atom is a very high quality amp for the price

Also I’m glad I’m considered an enthusiast instead of an addict

1 Like

I really don’t understand how the fostex t60rp needs more power while the sendy Aiva doesn’t ? Is the small diffrence in impedance really that big of a deal ?

I’d consider one an addict if he doesn’t know how to manage his interests. You happen to know restraint, as far as you let us on.

The sensitivity is what somewhat determines how much power they want. The sendy is 96db per mw, where the fostex should be around 88db per mw, so it’s a fair amount more power hungry. The headphone is also fairly amp dependant

What is that? I’m interested in the Atom or thinking of the Xduoo 05 plus

I think he means this

If you plan to listen on the Go most of the time then Xduoo 05 plus, but if you plan listening at your desk JDS atom.

thanks WiseUnwise, portable vs desk is a tough one, i have the radsone es1000 which is OK for portable option.

1 Like

If more people could help us with this matter. I may try switching the left and right channel cables. Maybe is a wired different. I might buy a balanced cable from another company to compare.

Did you also receive yours in a bag, in a bag, in a bag, in a bag, in an Amazon Prime bag? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yep lol

Gotta give em credit for packaging I guess. Something to put the old knob in.

Thanks for the recommendation, knob looks great in silver too!

I’m gonna grab a few more in red, silver and black to see what looks best with my magni heresy and 3+ once they arrive. :slight_smile:

This metal knob makes my Atom sound better, lol.
Just kidding, but you know, there’s a reassuring sense of solidity that’s not there with a tiny, plastic knob.
#psychology

Also, my Atom is “glued” here with Blu-tac, so it doesn’t move.

1 Like

Absolutely. :slight_smile:

I use this stuff on the bottom of most of my gear. Nothing moves. I do use sticky tak to keep all my figures in place though.

TLDR what about the Fiio BTR5 rather?

Mine is weighed down with a Topping D10 :smiley:

1 Like

Edit: Nevermind. Or… well, it’s worse. Major fuck-up. No sound from my AVR either.

So, uh, maybe the reason why the knob is plastic is because of static electricity.

I was about to listen to CDs but I don’t know why, powering on my PS3 “shocked” my JDS Atom. I was wearing my headphones, heard popping noises, lowered the volume by touching the metal knob, annnd static schock. Only the left channel of my Atom works now. Just a loud popping on the right channel when turning the knob, then, silence.

What’s funny is, unplugging the power source then powering on the Atom, I hear one second of stereo music. So I guess there’s just been an overload of electricity somewhere, and tomorrow the amp will be okay.

And yes, powering on the source while the amp was on was stupid.

(And no, it’s not the wiring, or the headphones. Two pairs of headphones, two different sources, no right channel).

You had the ps3 connected to the atom with the AV cables, I’m assuming?

Yup…

I’ll look at that… in 10 hours or so. Wiring etc.
Everything is unplugged for now.