The "Too good for the price" list

Can anyone try ollo s4x? this guy prefers them over the hifiman ananda!

1 Like

wow, never heard of Ollo but damn that looks interesting. Especially the trial thing

Ordering these next paycheck actually, that trial is legit, these will be In my studio rotation, casual listening will be secondary but this review is promising

2 Likes

I bought this Sonata DAC. Just wating arrive

do you think the queldix will end up on the list…

cheaper than the BTR 5, supports all formats including apt X adaptive, can be used as a dac, doesn’t have the screen but has a MUCH better application (it already is making the earstudio seem less important)
2 Likes

Eh, that is not quite right. First off on amazon they are the same price ($109). Second, the Qudelix supports aptX Adaptive while the BTR5 supports aptX Low Latency. I agree about the application though.

My in-depth comparison is here: 🔷 Qudelix-5K

BTR5 can also be used as a DAC, with an option to charge or not when plugged in (useful with smartphones), and is from a known company…

I personally don’t even care about EQ. I buy good headphones and change the pads and/or mod em instead. :man_shrugging:

i just am unsure about buying it because of the app being so bad and i will probably have to use it if JUST to change the codec to another one because LDAC probably has horrible latency… the queldix having aptx adaptive allows for both high res apt-X HD and the aptx LL with no issues

Ldac has less latency than Aptx HD. In fact I can use the Btr5 with my LG Oled C9 and it works very well, the best result I’ve had with video and Bluetooth.

1 Like

i never mess with the app, no eq, balanced out LDAC from my Nvidia shield with FH3’s and Legacy 3’s, no complaints, auto switches to AAC for iphone, but i especially like that i use as a usb c dac with ipad…

i dont need the USB dac because i want to use another dac/amp for usb stuff (hipdac most likely). i just need a good sounding bluetooth reciever

what have you been looking at?

the queldix, earstudio, or the BT5 for wireless… the hipdac, or topping NX4 for mobile dac to plug into USB C and run everything from tidal to youtube to high res

1 Like

I’m now looking at the Earman Sparrow for that 4.4 volt balanced out, no Bluetooth though, also have the THX portable but it doesn’t get much use

i think that might be kinda overpriced… i dunno why you would use it when the NX4 or the hipdac exists unless you REALLY want no colour in the sound

1 Like

I bought it early before this forum lol

I have a tempotec sonata hd. It sounds pretty nice but the build quality is shit. First one I had to return because just tapping the touch screen on my phone was enough to disconnect it. The replacement is better, but it still disconnects very easily, whether plugged into my phone on the move or plugged into my laptop at home. Cant complain too much since it was only $40, but looks like it’s gone up to $60 now. I would personally just get the apple dongle if I wanted something cheap for mobile use.

1 Like

moondrop nameless? they sound great for the price.

I would add DT770 to the list, but only if you eq it. otherwhise terrible treble spike…

1 Like

add the sivga phoenix. best build quality for the price with the best bass in this price range and very good midrange + treble. also easy to drive and very fun headphones.

2 Likes