The "Too good for the price" list

Agreed. Totally forgot about it.

Sony SS-CS5 speakers get my vote. Can be found quite often for $73-$100 a pair.

1 Like

the Elex are a bit pricey are 600$ but i always hear there are lesser headphones that are more expensive. the Elex is just legendary. incredibly good for 600$ they could probably get away for selling it for a lot more

1 Like

I honestly don’t know anything about those high-power amps and their price-to-quality ratio. :no_mouth:

For less than 1600$? Curious.

But full price they’re 150$ :confused: There’s a lot of competition in this price range.

Edit: Sorry all for the 3 posts (temporary), I screwed up.

I’m mainly taking about the claim of the whole it beats over 10k thing lol

Oh I see. What price (approx.) are the cheapest Radialstrahlers?

If you look on the used market you could probably get a pair of some certain models for around like 5k

I wouldn’t put the Ohm Walsh on this list.
Omni directional speakers just sound unique, it’s years since I heard some, and there isn’t anything quite like them.
But I feel they are just different not better, and my general thoughts is Zeos tends to be attracted to things that sound different.

I agree with this for sure, it was @LeDechaine mentioning it lol

Also anything made in America and especially New York adds to his bias

1 Like

I mean, are there less than 1600$ a pair, omnidirectional speakers, sounding as great as that, anyway?

…the bluetooth minirigs? :laughing:

Well I mean I can think of better sounding speakers in my mind but they aren’t omnidirectional, and omnidirectional does not mean better

There are a lot of good speakers at $1600, Omni directionals sound different.
But so do say Magnepans in that price range.
Isn’t the point of the list to include things dramatically better than their price point?

Well the Ohms are made in USA and Zeos (and a friend at the show actually) found em different and better (than X0 000$ stuff) at the same time. :thinking:

You think it’s the first omnis he ever heard? Or maybe you think he prefers soundstage over everything? I don’t know. Should I add other omnis to the list?

I just added a “warning” for now. At least now people won’t think it’s a 1 600$ instabuy bargain instead of their 50 000$ dream kit. :wink:

I would say add the mh755 and mh750 they are like the koss equivelants in the iem market super cheap sounds fucking great just due to the tuning.its non offensive and dare I say better tuned than the blons
Here is a pretty fair review from a trusted reviewer.

1 Like

Done! Sorry lol, I thought “no one” knew about these… One forum search proved I was wrong. Sooo wrong. :no_mouth:

The Koss KSC75 are certainly in this category at $14. Loved them so much I delayed purchasing more expensive things for them.
I haven’t heard the CAL, but I hear they punch well above the price range of $50.

1 Like

Some of the cheaper headphones from companies like Taotronics, MPOW and Sivga are way better than people might expect from the modest prices.

1 Like

Yeah, I think the Sivga SV006 from what I hear is pretty solid for the price range if you want a warmer closed back that is actually good.

2 Likes

so basically i should buy this for a portable dac/amp or should i move to something else like the fiio or another sub 150-200 portable DAC